“Vancouver Movie Month” Promotion Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms & conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
2. Entry is open to residents of Victoria, aged 18 years and above. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, Partners, Air Canada & Tourism Vancouver and their related corporate bodies, are not eligible to enter this promotion. The Winner may be expected to complete a Statutory Declaration, evidencing their identity and age, before claiming the Prize.
3. The Promotion commences at 12.01 am AEDT on Saturday 25 January 2020 and closes at 11.59pm AEDT on Thursday 27 February 2020 (‘promotion period’).
4. To enter the promotion, each entrant must purchase movie tickets from Rooftop Cinema (rooftopcinema.com.au) to the films included in the 2020 Vancouver Movie Month. Entrants will receive one chance in the Prize draw for each movie ticket purchased. (i.e. one movie ticket purchase = one chance in the Prize Draw. 5 movie ticket purchases = 5 chances in the Prize Draw). Entrants then need to visit: tourismvancouver.com/win to complete and submit the entry form in full, during the promotion period. All correct and eligible entries will be entered in the draw.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
6. The Prize draw will take place at 2.00pm (AEDT) on Monday 2 March 2020 at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street. North Sydney. NSW 2060.
All eligible entries received during the promotion period will be entered into the draw. The first valid and eligible entry drawn will be the Winner of the Prize. The winner will be notified by phone and in writing, within 2 business days of the draw and their name will be published https://www.tourismvancouver.com/vmm after 7am on Thursday, 5 March 2020 for a period of 28 days.
7. The Prize is a trip for two people (2) to Vancouver, Canada, which includes:
- Return economy airfares for 2 people to Vancouver, Canada, from Melbourne, Australia on Air Canada AC37 or AC38. (Flight associated taxes, fees and charges are included).
- Four nights twin share accommodation in a 4 Star Hotel in Vancouver, selected by the Promoter to a maximum value of A$335 (CA$300) per night.
- Dining and attraction vouchers, to a value of A$665 (CA$600)
Total maximum value of the Grand Prize is A$7,005 which is correct at the time of publication. The Promoter, Air Canada and Tourism Vancouver (‘partners’) take no responsibility for any variation in any element of the Prizes. Individual Terms & Conditions apply for each prize element.
8. The Grand Prize is subject to booking availability of the airfares and accommodation and is valid to 28 February 2021. The Prize cannot be exchanged, sold, transferred or refunded for cash. The hotel part of the Prize must be booked at least 4 months prior to travel.
9. All components of the Grand Prize must be taken together. Travel restrictions may apply. The Winner and their travel companion must travel together. Meals, Transfer costs, tips, domestic travel to and from any departure point, room service, minibar, telephone charges and any other personal expenses, (other than those specified in clause 7), is the responsibility of the Winner and their travel companion. If for any reason, the winner is unable to accept their Prize as stated, and within the dates indicated, the winner will forfeit the Prize and no compensation will be given in lieu.
10. Air Canada terms and conditions.
Transportation is valid on board Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, and Air Canada Jazz, scheduled flights only and is subject to availability at time of reservation. Not valid on Star Alliance partners or codeshare services.
Flight reservation is subject to availability and the following flight blackout dates apply: 17 June 2020 to 28 June 2020, 09 July 2020 to 9 September 2020, 16 December 2020 to 6 January 2021. The first travel date: 2 March 2020. Travel must be completed on or before: 28 February 2021.
Open-jaw or stop-over is not permitted. Travel does not qualify for Aeroplan mileage accumulation or for mileage accumulation in any other frequent flyer program. The tickets are not upgradable to Premium Economy or Air Canada Signature Class. The winner and their travel companion will be responsible for fulfilling any visa requirements at their own expense and any other taxation which may arise through FBT, etc.
At certain times of the year, travel may be restricted due to heavy demand on our services. Priority will be given to passengers who have purchased a ticket. Should this occur, Air Canada does not accept responsibility for any loss or damages resulting from any interruption to your travel plans. Denied boarding compensation is not applicable. Use of the airfare tickets are subject to Air Canada’s general conditions of carriage publicly available at www.aircanada.com.
No changes permitted to reservations once date of travel is confirmed or ticket has been issued.
The prize winner and their travelling companion are responsible for any and all costs, expenses and taxes not expressly described herein including, without limitation, applicable local air departure taxes, ground transportation, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, personal expenses of any nature for overnight layover, freight, excess baggage, meals and beverages, service charges, in-flight meals, entertainment, and any other expenses, costs incurred to and from the departure point as the prize originates and terminates there, obtaining sufficient personal travel insurance prior to departure, if desired; obtaining and carrying all necessary travel documentation, such as passports and visas and complying with customs immigrations regulations.
11. All travel or entry documentation such as Passports, entry Visas to Canada & any Insurances, will be the responsibility of the Winner and their travel companion. It is the Winner’s responsibility to check with government travel advisory and immigration authorities regarding any Canadian travel requirements and eligibility. Any fines, penalties, payments and expenditure incurred as a result of not meeting such requirements are the sole responsibility of the Winner and their travel companion.
12. The Promoter and Partners are not responsible for any cancellation, postponement, delay or rescheduling of any element of the Prize and any costs, without limitation, incurred, will be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner.
13. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative Prize to the same value as the original Grand Prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. The Promoter and any associated companies involved in the Promotion, make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any Grand Prize destination or location. It is the sole responsibility of the Winner and their travel companion, to first check with all government travel advisory information regarding the safety and any other situation at a Grand Prize destination or location.
14. The Promoter and their Partners do not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
15. The Promoter and their Partners are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of the Winner not claiming the Prize. If the Prize remains unclaimed or forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise, the Promoter will conduct a further draw, as required, at the same time and place as the original draw, on Friday 9 June 2020. The winner, if any, will be notified in writing and by phone within 2 business days of the redraw. Any second chance draw winner will be published on https://www.tourismvancouver.com/rooftopcinema from Tuesday 16 June 2020 for a period of 28 days.
17. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned (whether caused by infection by computer virus, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter or their Partners, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion), the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. The Promoter and their Partners assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
18. The Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
19. The Promoter will collect information about entrants to include them in this Promotion and to award the Prize. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information either caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated or utilised in this competition, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of administration of this competition.
20. By entering the promotion, each entrant agrees that the Promoter may disclose entrants’ personal information, to State and Territory lottery departments, the winners’ names will be published as required under the relevant lottery legislation and the Promoter may publish or cause to be published the winner’s names and suburb in any media.
21. By participating in this Promotion, entrants consent to the storage of their entry information on the databases of the Promoter and Partners involved in this Promotion.
23. The Promoter: Yakusan Pty Ltd. Level 1, 1-7 Belmore Street, Surry Hills, 2010, New South Wales, Australia.