Vancouver: Where Mountains Meet City
The Mountain Between Us tells the harrow story of two strangers who survive a plane crash in a remote, snow-covered mountain range and must rely on each other to make it through their ordeal alive. Starring Academy Award-winner Kate Winslet and Idris Elba, the romantic thriller is anticipated to be a box office hit with plenty of fireworks between the main characters, a compelling survival story and dramatic scenery – and those familiar with British Columbia will certainly recognize the latter.
Much of Mountain was filmed in Vancouver – including Vancouver International Airport and the historic Gastown neighbourhood – and the mountains of Invermere. The cast and crew visited both regions in December 2016, and had nothing but praise for both destinations. In fact, during the movie’s premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival, Winslet and Elba lauded the destinations in separate interviews.
Tourism Vancouver has partnered with the Vancouver Film Commission and Columbia Valley Chamber of Commerce to launch a “Mountain Meets City” sweepstakes that will give one winner the opportunity to explore this stunning area that won over the cast of The Mountain Between Us.
Mountain Meets City Sweepstakes
This prize package includes:
Mountain Meets City Sweepstakes Entry Form
- Prize is valid until December 31, 2018 (subject to availability and blackout dates).
- Contest closes at 11:59:59 PM PST, November 13, 2017.
- The winner will be selected randomly from all eligible entrants and will be notified by email within 15 business days of the contest close date.
- The contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of 19 years, and is open to all legal residents of the United States (excluding Florida), 21 years of age or older at the contest start date.
- Note: Only one entry per person allowed. Multiple entries will result in disqualification.
- See full sweepstakes rules & regulations.