Business Continuity Resources
Re-opening Operations Guidelines for Business
Information for Individuals whose employment or work is affected by COVID-19
- EI sickness benefits including illness and quarantine
- The one-week waiting period for EI sickness benefits will be waved for new claimants who are quarantined so they can be paid for the first week of their claim.
- EI special benefits for self-employed people
Information summary for businesses
- BC Economic Development Association resources
- BC Hydro’s Customer Crisis Fund
- BDC (Business Development Bank of Canada) Support for Entrepreneurs
- Canada’s COVID-19 Response Fund
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce Pandemic Preparedness for Business
- Canadian Hotel Advisor Collective
- Visit the link above to access the latest hotel research, data and best practices to help industry members navigate the daunting business and operational challenges posed by the novel coronavirus.
- City of Vancouver Business Communications and Support Office
- City of Vancouver has established the COVID-19 Business Communications and Support Office to assist local businesses. The office is a single point of contact for Vancouver’s local business owners to get information from the City of Vancouver regarding business support programs, to learn what City-run business services are currently available, and to make suggestions to the City concerning business and the economy.
- To connect with the office, businesses can either email COVIDResponseforBusiness@vancouver.ca, visit their website or call 3-1-1.
- COVID-19 Infographic Signage – Hemlock Printers
- In partnership with HP, Spicers and Novex Couriers, Hemlock Printer is offering at no charge the production and no-contact delivery of printed infographic signage which communicates the practices we must all apply to effectively flatten the COVID-19 curve.
- If your business is interested in placing an order, please visit their website.
- DVBIA Business Crime Prevention Advice in Response to COVID-19
- Downtown Vancouver Business Improvement Association (DVBIA) has provided a list of crime prevention tips for business owners to consider during a time when many businesses have had to temporarily close due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- DVBIA and VPD Safety Advice
- As an added resource, the DVBIA has created a suggested checklist for businesses to follow to learn how to perform a security audit and how to ensure businesses are secure using long-term measures.
- B.C. Business COVID-19 Support Service
- Western Economic Diversification Canada
- If you are a tourism operator or small- or medium-sized business or organization and have received RDA funding and COVID-19 is affecting your operations, you are encouraged to contact your local RDA office. Your local RDA office can review your situation and provide guidance.
- You may be eligible to receive additional funding and/or flexible arrangements.
- Further support will be determined on a case-by-case basis as the situation evolves.
- Vancouver Economic Commission COVID-19 resources
- Post Media Local Marketing Grant Program
Guidance for COVID19 Facility Management, Environmental Cleaning and Sanitation
- Diagrammatic summary (CDC; second page)
- For Facilities: WHO Technical Brief: Water, sanitation, hygiene and waste management for the COVID-19 virus
- Government of Canada: Community-based measures to mitigate the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Canada (Environmental cleaning and ventilation)
- Plumbing systems (IAPMO)
- Pools (UK Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group)
- Worker safety (United Association)
- VCH Stagnant Water Advisory