Business Continuity Resources
Information for Individuals whose employment or work is affected by COVID-19
- EI sickness benefits including illness and quarantine
- The one-week waiting period for EI sickness benefits will be waved for new claimants who are quarantined so they can be paid for the first week of their claim.
- EI special benefits for self-employed people
Information summary for businesses
- Western Economic Diversification Canada
- If you are a tourism operator or small- or medium-sized business or organization and have received RDA funding and COVID-19 is affecting your operations, you are encouraged to contact your local RDA office. Your local RDA office can review your situation and provide guidance.
- You may be eligible to receive additional funding and/or flexible arrangements.
- Further support will be determined on a case-by-case basis as the situation evolves.
- Canada’s COVID-19 Response Fund
- BDC (Business Development Bank of Canada) Support for Entrepreneurs
- Small Business BC list of resources
- BC Economic Development Association resources
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce Pandemic Preparedness for Business
- BC Hydro’s Customer Crisis Fund
- Vancouver Economic Commission COVID-19 resources
Guidance for COVID19 Facility Management, Environmental Cleaning and Sanitation
- Government of Canada: Community-based measures to mitigate the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Canada (Environmental cleaning and ventilation)
- For Facilities: WHO Technical Brief: Water, sanitation, hygiene and waste management for the COVID-19 virus
- VCH Stagnant Water Advisory
- Plumbing systems (IAPMO)
- Pools (UK Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group)
- Diagrammatic summary (CDC; second page)
- Worker safety (United Association)