In honour of the upcoming National Tourism Week (May 27 – June 2) here are some Fast Facts about Vancouver’s tourism industry.
- 91% of Metro Vancouverites feel the Tourism industry has a positive impact on the lives of residents. Insights West Resident’s Survey 2018
- Tourism contributes approximately $4.8 billion to the Metro Vancouver economy annually.
- Tourism supports over 70,000 full time jobs in Metro Vancouver.
- Vancouver receives over 230 cruise ship calls annually. Each cruise ship stimulates more than $2 million in economic activity.
- The “tourism engine” improves the quality of life for all British Columbians by supporting the financial viability of many of our city and province’s museums, festivals, sports events, transportation initiatives, parks, and recreation facilities.