Calling all Tourism Champions: May 26 - June 2 2019 is Tourism Week in Canada! This is a chance to take action and demonstrate what issues within the industry matter to you.
Tourism Week is a national, grassroots initiative that brings attention to the economic opportunity available to Canada, and British Columbia, through travel and tourism. Tourism Week aligns tourism organizations, businesses, and other partners from across the country and around BC over a common vision: a tourism sector unencumbered by policies and recognized for its contribution to the Canadian economy.
Spread the word that #BCTourismMatters
- Take photos and share them on social media – in addition to capturing images of your community participating in Tourism Week activities, take photos of other tourism activities that you can share (attractions, tourism employees, your visitor centre, your welcome signage, etc.). Use this white #BCTourismMatters banner in your imagery and encourage all your stakeholders to do the same.
- Take photos and share them on social media – in addition to capturing images of your community participating in Tourism Week activities, take photos of other tourism activities that you can share (attractions, tourism employees, your visitor centre, your welcome signage, etc.). Use #BCTourismMatters in all of your imagery and encourage all your stakeholders to do the same.
- Share these images on social media using the hashtags #BCTourismMatters and #TourismWeek. By using these hashtags we can ensure that all BC Tourism Week activities are easily tracked and shared. Encourage all your stakeholders to do the same.
- Follow TIABC, go2HR and Destination BC on their social channels.
- TIABC: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- go2HR: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Destination BC: Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Share, like, retweet and help all BC communities spread the word about Tourism Week.
- Tell your local media (radio, newspaper, television) about Tourism Week and your activities. We have developed a media release sample template with key messaging about the BC visitor economy. Communities can augment the release with information about local tourism services, attractions, amenities, development plans, key performance indicators and other news about the benefits your local visitor economy generates for citizens. Click here for a sample media release template.
- Send TIABC and Destination BC photos, videos, stories for our power of tourism initiatives. We are inviting the tourism industry to tell us their story by sharing 100-200 word written summaries, or short videos that describe your career journey, what BC’s tourism industry has given you, and what advice you would give to people considering a career in tourism. Submit your content to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting Tourism Week 2019!