Recent events in cities such as Atlanta, New York, Chicago, Quebec, Moncton, and Surrey have highlighted the risk destinations face when there are Legionella outbreaks.
These resources are being shared following our workshop that brought together international and local experts to discuss best practices and operational strategies to mitigate the possibility of Legionella victims. The workshop also covered lessons learned from the most recent local outbreak in Metro Vancouver.
If your business operates in a building with any of the following: pools, spas, showers, cooling towers, decorative water features, condensate pans, ice machines or humidifiers, you will want to review and distribute these resources to your Tourism Facility Engineers, Maintenance Personnel, Operations Manager and General Managers.
- Jeff Moffat presentation: Tourism Vancouver - PSPC Legionella Management Program.ppt (open link)
- Dr Shovita Padhi and Mark McCabe presentation: Tourism BC_ Legionella Presentation _vFINAL_Oct30.pptx (open link)
- Chris Boyd presentation: Hospitality Presentation - C Boyd 10-26-19.pptx (open link)
Information and documents related to the PSPC Legionella Management program can be found on the PSPC Legionella website including links to:
- Legionella Program infographic
- High level Q&A
- Facility Maintenance Policy
- PSPC Standard MD-15161 Control of legionella in mechanical systems
US CDC has published an excellent two-page infographic focusing on hotels and Legionella