Vancouver Foodie Tours' historic walking food tour - the Gastronomic Gastown Tour - joins Destination Canada’s prestigious collection of official Canadian Signature Experiences.
The Gastronomic Gastown Tour is the only designated Canadian Signature Experience in Gastown, Vancouver.
The Canadian Signature Experience program recognizes one-of-a-kind travel experiences found only in Canada. There are less than 10 Vancouver-based experiences that have earned Destination Canada’s CSE designation.
Gastown’s Must-Do Activity
As the city’s #1 restaurant district and the birthplace of Vancouver, it’s no surprise that a walking food tour would be Gastown’s must-do activity.
Vancouver Foodie Tours designed the Gastronomic Gastown Tour as a historic city tour with exceptional tastings at local restaurants.
"The tour demystifies Gastown’s cobblestone maze of restaurants, boutiques, and cocktail bars, to reveal what locals love about the neighbourhood. It’s history, booze, food, and a whole lot of Vancouver character."
The 3-hour walking tour includes:
- An in-depth guided tour of Vancouver’s history
- A progressive meal at 4 uniquely Gastown restaurants
- 4 craft beer, wine and cocktail pairings
- An expert local guide
1. Canadian comfort foods – Pork Belly Crackling, Parsnip Fries, and Tempura Bacon Eggs – from Tuc Craft Kitchen, paired with British Columbia wine.
2. A true taste of Gastown’s boozy spirit with four alcohol pairings, including local beer, wine, and original cocktail recipes.
3. A guided tour of lesser-known history and architecture, including Blood Alley, the Woodwards Building, and Gastown’s social evolution.
ABOUT VANCOUVER FOODIE TOURS
Vancouver Foodie Tours is Vancouver’s #1 Rated Tour on TripAdvisor and one of Forbes’ Top 9 Food Tours in the World.
The Gastronomic Gastown Tour runs daily from 3:00-6:00pm, with additional departures on weekends.