Help Tourism Vancouver welcome over 7,500 delegates who are in town attending the ASHG 2016 Annual Meeting presented by the American Society of Human Genetics from October 18 – October 22, 2016.
What is the American Society of Human Genetics? The American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG), founded in 1948, is the primary professional membership organization for human genetics specialists worldwide. The Society’s nearly 8,000 members include researchers, academicians, clinicians, laboratory practice professionals, genetic counselors, nurses and others who have a special interest in the field of human genetics. Our members work in a wide range of settings, including universities, hospitals, institutes, and medical and research laboratories.
Event: ASHG 2016 Annual Meeting
Dates: Tuesday October 18 – Saturday October 22, 2016
Event Location: Vancouver Convention Centre, East and West Building
Program Overview: The ASHG Annual Meeting is the largest human genetics meeting and exposition in the world. ASHG members and leading scientists from around the world will present and discuss cutting-edge science in all areas of human genetics.
Social Media links: @GeneticsSociety #ASHG16
- Plenary, platform, and poster sessions representing the latest human genetics findings
- Invited sessions providing a cohesive, bigger-picture overview of specific genetics topics
- Numerous networking opportunities and career development events
- Interactive workshops and exhibitor events explaining technological products and advances
- A joint symposium with the American Physiological Society on cardiovascular genetics
- A presidential address to welcome attendees and presidential symposium on scientific mentorship
- An opening reception themed “Camp ASHG” on Wednesday. Expecting 5,000 delegates to attend from 6:30-8:30 pm
- Tourism Vancouver's Delegate Services will be on site promoting member services and products.
Meals: Delegates are on their own for meals each day. We have a lot of vegetarians and healthy eaters as well as many gluten-free requests.
Airport Heavy arrival day: Monday October 17 and Tuesday October 18
Airport Heavy departure day: Friday October 21, Saturday October 22, Sunday October 23
If you have any questions about this conference group, please contact Debbie Reynolds, Client Manager, Convention Services at 604.631.2816 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for helping us to give a warm west coast welcome to this convention group!