The #SeaWheezeFAM is a unique Vancouver familiarization experience for meeting professionals. This is the third time that Tourism Vancouver has combined the scenic SeaWheeze half-marathon (organized by Vancouver-born yogawear company lululemon athletica) with wellness, exercise, and destination education. Here are 10 photos that sum up the amazing trip.
- The team gathering for a group shot under the globe at the Vancouver Convention Centre, a very popular selfie location.
- Tourism Vancouver’s President and CEO, Ty Speer, welcoming the group to our city while enjoying breakfast at the Pan Pacific Vancouver.
- The Vancouver Convention Centre plays host to the pre-run “Nooner Yoga”; a weekly staple in Vancouver summer months. When in Vancouver on a Wednesday, skip your indoor lunch and join in for a free midday sweat session.
- The team had VIP treatment with reserved front row spots at Nooner Yoga. Here they are downward dogging their way to “Namaste.”
- Getting a birds-eye view of the course from the new unique space atop of the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre. Nothing but clear skies for the run the next day!
- The team had a private tour of Granville Island public market, a local favourite, followed by a delicious reception with Chef Julian at the Pacific Institute Of Culinary Arts.
- Vancouverites practice what they preach - we really do workout at almost every opportunity! Here’s some of the group getting loose for the following day.
- Pumped up and ready to run! This is not your ordinary fam tour, and we’re so grateful these meeting profs chose to run and walk with us through our beautiful city.
- The start line of the 21.2 km (13 mile) SeaWheeze. 10,000 runners are preparing to sweat their way through Vancouver’s unique neighbourhoods and iconic Stanley Park.
- The theme of SeaWheeze is “Yoga. Run. Party.” So we did! Here’s the team at the Sunset festival, celebrating their achievement.
All photos: Brad Kasselman | Coast Mountain Photography (except last photo courtesy of lululemon)