Parq Vancouver opened in October 2017, and the downtown entertainment resort is already buzzing. Located adjacent to BC Place Stadium, the inspiring space brings together two luxury hotels, an elevated outdoor park, a casino, more than 60,000 square feet of meeting space – including Vancouver’s biggest hotel ballroom – and eight restaurants and lounges, each offering a distinctive dining journey inspired by regional ingredients and multicultural influences.
Meeting planners can dazzle delegates at a cornucopia of dining options situated throughout the resort. Here’s our Parq Dining Cheat Sheet:
- Honey Salt Located on the resort’s first floor, adjacent to the JW Marriott Vancouver Hotel lobby, Honey Salt celebrates the rich backyard bounty of British Columbia with seasonally inspired menus showcasing locally sourced ingredients. The cozy space comprises 4,400 square feet and is designed with refurbished woods, throw rugs and couches, creating a “home away from home” in the middle of the city.
- BC Kitchen Dishing up high-quality interpretations of classic bar “comfort” food, BC Kitchen is where guests can enjoy nostalgic dishes with a twist (think Poutine Carbonara smothered in cheddar curd, pancetta and gravy; and the utterly indulgent BC Back Country Pizza topped by chorizo, pepperoni, meatballs, mozzarella and provolone). The restaurant is located on the casino floor and offers a 24-hour walk-up window for casual bites, as well as city views from the dining area and stadium views from the bar.
- MRKT East Inspired by Singaporean night markets, Mrkt East takes guests on an immersive dining journey with flavours from China, India, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam and Singapore. Perfect for late-night snacking after a night in the city, the casual space features an open-concept kitchen, communal seating/standing, and floor-to-ceiling windows looking out to the downtown skyline. Mrkt East is located beside the casino, so guests can step off the game floor and directly into this festive market.
- 1886 Drawing its name from the year Vancouver’s Chinatown first emerged, 1886 offers an inspired menu of dishes from four culinary regions of China: Canton, Szechuan, Hunan, and Shanghai. Signature items include the Imperial Peking Duck, carved table-side; the Wok Tossed Wagyu Beef, accompanied by sautéed matsutake mushrooms; and the Hunan-style Spicy Wok-fried Whole Lobster. The room is anchored by a commanding seafood tank with private dining salons lining the perimeter. The restaurant serves dim sum lunch, dinner and select overnight service.
- Centre Bar Accented by a sparkling chandelier that connects the second and third floors, as well as television screens playing sports and other must-see events, Centre Bar serves as the social hub of the casino and an ideal gathering spot for guests. While conversing, guests can sip signature cocktails, draft beer, high-end premium spirits or wine by the glass. The bar’s elevated position overlooks end-to-end views of the casino floor, and couches and lounges chairs are situated throughout for added comfort.
- The Victor Vibrant energy courses through this majestic restaurant situated directly beside the sixth-floor park and showcasing unparalleled views of False Creek and the city skyline. The ever-evolving menu takes inspiration from classic North American steakhouses, offering Pacific Northwest seafood and a tiered selection of specialty steaks. Flanking the restaurant are an elevated seafood, shellfish and sushi display on one end, and an elegant bar along the other that promises to be the ultimate starting point for an exciting evening in downtown Vancouver.
- D6 Bar & Lounge This indoor/outdoor concept lounge is located on the sixth floor of The DOUGLAS, an Autograph Collection Hotel, adjacent to the elevated park. The welcoming space features a central steam fireplace, bookcases, a pool table, and a menu of handcrafted cocktails comprised of top-shelf wines and spirits. The secret Hidden Lounge is located behind an unassuming bookcase, which mysteriously opens to reveal a large private area dedicated to private dining and events. Maximum seating capacity for D6 is 40 people.
- Lotus Whiskey & Tea Lounge Guests will revel in this calming space serving exotic and high-quality loose-leaf teas during the day and, at night, an impressive selection of reserved whiskeys, bourbon and scotch. The open concept room features lounge-style seating, views of the high-limit gaming floor and a massive glass chandelier with seating for up to 54 people.