Outdoor Waterfront Area

Visa and Entry Requirements

Visa and Entry Requirements


Delegates who require a visa and are attending a conference must apply for a business visa. Individuals have the option of a single-entry visa and a multiple-entry visa. Both are valid for a fixed period and cannot be used after they expire. Single-entry visas allow delegates to visit Canada only once. After individuals leave Canada, excluding travel to the United States, a new visa is required to travel back to Canada. Multiple-entry visas allow delegates to enter and exit Canada, usually for six months at a time, without having to reapply. It is valid for up to 10 years, or one month before your passport expiry date on your visa.


The Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is an entry requirement (similar to the ESTA in the USA) for visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada. The eTA is valid for 5 years or until the applicant's passport expires, whichever comes first, and costs $7 CAD. Eligible travellers can apply online here: www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta-start.asp


The eTA applies to citizens of countries that are visa-exempt and lawful permanent residents of the USA flying to or transiting through Canada. Citizens of other countries must go through the visa process. To find out whether you will need an eTA or a Business Visa visit: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp


Citizens of Canada and the United States of America do not need an eTA.


You are welcome to speak with a member of our Convention Services team, who can provide additional information. www.tourismvancouver.com/meetings/contact

You can also visit www.cic.gc.ca



Convention Services

Learn more

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Quis ipsum suspendisse ultrices gravida. Risus commodo viverra maecenas accumsan lacus vel facilisis.