Media Visit Guidelines
If you are a journalist producing feature-length content, in a high-audience outlet, that will inspire travel to Vancouver you may qualify for some level of trip support.
We receive a very high number of media requests and regret that we can’t assist in all cases.
Media Visit Guidelines:
- We require at least four weeks’ notice of your visit to assess the level of support we can provide. We recommend providing additional notice during peak season (June to September).
- Media may be asked to submit an Assignment Letter from their outlet and provide three recently published clips.
- After your visit, Media are required to send us an original and/or legible copy of any article or broadcast tapes that resulted from your assisted visit. We are unable to assist with future media requests from media who fail to provide us with results.
- Tourism Vancouver does not provide complimentary airfare or ground transportation.
- Tourism Vancouver does not guarantee complimentary or press rate accommodations, meals, tours or experiences. Complimentary arrangements are provided at the discretion of the host businesses and are subject to availability.
- Tourism Vancouver does not solicit support for one-night stopovers unless media are on assignment.
- Certain dates and events may be subject to media support restriction including:
a. Peak Season (June – September)
b. Citywide meetings & conventions
c. Public holiday weekends
- Film crews: Tourism Vancouver cannot arrange necessary work visas or film permits. You need to organize this yourself. Tourism Vancouver can provide contact information.
- Tourism Vancouver does not provide assistance for personal travelling companions.
To request assistance, please complete our Media Information Form.