Vancouver's Tourism Industry Fast Facts
- Vancouver welcomes over 11 million overnight visitors from around the world annually.
- Vancouver's top five visitor markets of origin are Canada, the U.S., China, Australia and U.K. (in order of volume).
- Tourism contributes approximately $4.8 billion* in direct spending to the Metro Vancouver economy annually and supports over 70,000 full time jobs.
- There are over 23,000 hotel rooms in Metro Vancouver, with over 12,000 in the downtown core.
- Vancouver receives more than 280 cruise ship calls annually. Each cruise ship stimulates nearly $3 million in economic activity for the local economy.
- Vancouver International Airport has been rated the best airport in North America for an unprecedented 10 consecutive years.
* This estimate only includes spending from overnight visitors to Metro Vancouver