Vancouver's Tourism Industry Fast Facts
- Over 10.3 million people visited Vancouver in 2017 – the highest overnight visitation in the city’s history.
- Vancouver's top five visitor markets are Canada, the U.S., China, Australia and U.K. (in order of volume).
- Tourism contributes approximately $4.8 billion to the Metro Vancouver economy annually and supports over 70,000 full time jobs.
- There are over 23,000 hotel rooms in Metro Vancouver, with over 12,000 in the downtown core.
- Vancouver receives over 230 cruise ship calls annually. Each cruise ship stimulates more than $2 million in economic activity.
- More than half of BC’s tourism-related businesses are located in the Vancouver Coast and Mountains region.
- Vancouver International Airport has been rated the best airport in North America for an unprecedented eight consecutive years.