- Vancouver has the highest concentration of artists among large Canadian cities. Entrepreneurs constitute the second-largest Meetup.com group in Vancouver (outpaced only by hikers).
- Hootsuite, Flickr, Plenty of Fish and Lions Gate Films are all companies that were founded in Vancouver. Non-profit environmental organizations Greenpeace and Adbusters also started here.
- Vancouver has more direct flights to China than any other North American city and is the
continent's gateway to Asia - in fact, more than two-thirds of Vancouver's recent immigrants come from Asia.
- Vancouverites' enjoyment of the mountains and ocean has spurred development of a
performance and technical apparel industry that is conquering world markets (notable companies include lululemon, Arc'Teryx and Herschel).
- Vancouver boasts more than 1,500 yoga classes a week - not bad for a city of only 600,000 people.