As a cosmopolitan metropolis, shopping in Vancouver runs from international labels and popular brands in shop-‘til-you-drop malls, through to independent designers and one-of-a-kind craft studios in unique neighbourhoods. Here's a quick roundup of fashion-forward brands founded in the city:
- Lululemon Athletica With over 400 stores worldwide, this designer and retailer of athletic and leisure apparel calls Kitsilano home. Get decked out for your next workout at their West 4th location, just up the street from their original location that opened in 2000.
- John Fluevog Vancouver’s number-one footwear designer’s flagship store where you’ll find elegantly playful shoes housed in a striking glass storefront with two storeys.
- Kit & Ace Local, contemporary luxury brand for men and women whose iconic Technical Cashmere™ t-shirts are a global hit.
- Arc’teryx Founded by climbers from North Vancouver in 1989, Arc’teryx remains a gathering place for skiing, climbing, and outdoor apparel.
- Oak + Fort What began as a small boutique in Gastown is now known across North America for its minimalist, simple designs.
- 8th and Main A streetwear staple for Vancouverites since 2013. Named after its address in South Main, this store now has 2 locations in Vancouver, and in three other cities in Canada.
- Six Hundred Four Sneaker Gallery With a cheeky nod to Vancouver's area code in the name, this unique sneaker gallery sells storytelling pieces of art (by local artists!) in limited-edition shoe form. Bonus: 6.04% of the proceeds from each pair goes to a charity of the artists’ choice.
- RYU Respect Your Universe is the latest fitness wear company to make waves in Vancouver, offering tech-style athletic apparel.