As Vancouver is the Craft Beer Capital of Canada and a foodie's dream destination, collaborative events between five-star restaurants and craft breweries only makes sense. Here are a couple Vancouver favourites dedicated to celebrating great food and beer:
Beer Dinners at Tacofino | Hastings location (2327 E. Hastings St.)
The beloved West Coast phenomenon known as Tacofino will partner with a six-pack of local breweries to host a monthly series of five-course Beer Dinners that began on January 25 and will continue throughout the spring and summer.
The new beer dinner series follows in the wake of Tacofino’s recent partnership with breweries Superflux and Four Winds to produce a new custom small-batch Diablo Cookie porter based on Tacofino’s famous dessert cookie as well as a sold-out collaborative dinner with 33 Acres Brewing Co. that took place at the Tacofino Hastings location in November. Since the dinner, the location has added additional beer taps behind the bar and extended its hours to offer daily happy hour specials from 3 to 6 p.m between lunch and dinner seven days a week.
The beer dinner series continues in 2018 with:
- Steel & Oak Brewing Co. on Thursday, March 29;
- Strange Fellows Brewing Company on Thursday, April 26;
- Four Winds Brewing Co. on Thursday, May 31;
- Port Moody Brewers Row (The Parkside Brewery, Moody Ales, Yellow Dog Brewing Co. and Twin Sails Brewing) on Thursday, June 28.
The Takeover Series at Homer St. Cafe | 898 Homer St.
The Takeover Series sees a different distiller or brewer commandeer Homer St. Cafe’s bar and kitchen for a week every month, offering drink specials, collaborative menu items and ticketed tasting dinners with experts from the participating brewery and/or distillery. Tickets to the dinner are $75 (including tax and gratuity).
Upcoming Takeover Series in 2018:
- March 2018: Edrington Group Takeover (Cutty Sark, Famous Grouse, Highland Park, Macallan, Brugal)
- April 2018: Powell St Brewery Takeover
- May 2018: The Glenlivet Takeover
- * Dates and Takeover partners subject to change.
For more information on the Takeover Series and to purchase tickets to the tasting dinners, visit homerstreetcafebar.com/events.