A cool breeze sweeps over the city streets, leaves turn brilliant gold and red, and pumpkin spice everything fills the air – yes, autumn has fallen across Vancouver and the city has never been prettier. There’s all kinds of cozy to be had in the next few months, so snuggle up with a cup of hot cider and read on for our list of fall must-do’s:
- Wednesdays and whisky go together like pumpkin and lattes – and Prohibition is the place to imbibe. Every Wednesday throughout the fall season (until November 23), the underground speakeasy will feature traditional and creative interpretations of the classic Old Fashioned cocktail for just $10, complemented by live bluegrass music and hearty bites like truffle fries and wings.
- Capture the perfect fall Instagram shot with our list of the city’s best #VantagePoints. Fiery foliage, foggy mornings and spectacular sunsets – you’ll be racking up the Likes in no time.
- Make a date with Vancouver TheatreSports League’s Ok Tinder – Swipe Right Comedy show. Every Wednesday night at 9.15pm, improv actors lead the audience on a riotous 60-minute journey through the good, the bad and the ludicrous of Vancouver’s dating scene. Tickets are half-price ($7.50), so forget the “Netflix and chill” and swipe right to a good time.
- Flower aficionados take note: in fall, gardens around Vancouver are ablaze with colour as foliage blooms into picture-perfect landscapes. Bundle up in your warmest scarf and stroll among VanDusen Botanical Garden’s heathers, autumn crocus and hydrangeas, then visit the Alma VanDusen Meadow Garden and soak in the majestic sight of its fiery red Japanese maples.
- Check out local art and meet with more than 475 artists in their studios at the Eastside Culture Crawl (November 17 – 20), a visual arts, design and crafts festival taking place across 78 buildings in East Vancouver and beyond. The event also features special educational sessions that range from Filmmaking 101 to chainsaw carving and glassblowing demos.