From June 9 to September 30, 2018 the Vancouver Art Gallery’s Cabin Fever will explore the tradition of the cabin in Canada and the United States through three main themes (Shelter, Utopia, and Porn). Gallery guests will journey from traditional frontier depictions of the cabin to the idyllic contemporary depictions in digital media today: in Shelter explore the cabin as a practical and provisional solution, in Utopia examine the cabin as the ideal North American escape destination, and in Porn encounter the cabin as a popular culture mainstay.
The exhibit will include an installation by American filmmaker James Benning, in conjunction with Offsite: a Paper Log House by Shigeru Ban, an internationally renowned architect known for designing relief shelters.
For hours, tickets, tour times, and more information visit the Gallery’s website: vanartgallery.bc.ca .
Vancouver Art Gallery’s Current & Upcoming Exhibitions:
- 空/Emptiness: Emily Carr and Lui Shou Kwan | Through April 8, 2018
- Takashi Murakami: The Octopus Eats Its Own Leg | Through May 6, 2018
- Living, Building, Thinking: art and expressionism | March 3 – May 21, 2018
- BOMBHEAD | March 3 – June 17, 2018
- Emily Carr in Dialogue with Mattie Gunterman | May 5 – September 3, 2018
- Ayumi Goto & Peter Morin: how do you carry the land? | July 14 – October 28, 2018
- Kevin Schmidt | July 14 – October 28, 2018
- David Milne | June 16 – September 16, 2018
- Cabin Fever | June 9 – September 30, 2018
- Guo Pei: Couture Beyond | October 13, 2018 – January 20, 2019
- Dana Claxton | October 27, 2018 – February 3, 2019
- Moving Still: Performative Photography from India | November 24, 2018 – March 3, 2019