- 3106 Cambie
- Vancouver, BC V5Z 2W2
- Phone: 604.736.6664
In order to serve dinner starting at 5:30 every evening, our all female, Punjabi kitchen staff works in two shifts. We do not buy any pre-prepared products. Our work is labour intensive, and there are no cooking short cuts-we peel over 20 pounds of garlic per week, hand sift all our whole spices before roasting them, and make our yoghurt, cheeses and ghee on a daily basis.
Our evening line order staff begins by setting up their stations and putting the final touches on the food. The chapatis, paranthas and naan are rolled out. The dumplings and pakoras are prepared for à la minute frying. And the chai is made for greeting our diners. At 5:30, the grills are on and the dinner orders begin.
- Enable Menu:
- Special Notes: Our dine out menu will only be served in our private rooms, not in the main dining room.
- Neighborhood: Cambie Street / Fairview
- Cuisine Type: Indian
- Dinner Menu Price: $40
- Reservation Status: Reservations not accepted, 1st come 1st served
- Gluten-Free Options Available:
- Vegetarian Options Available:
- Appetizer 1: Jackfruit in black cardamom and cumin curry
- Appetizer 2: Chickpeas in star anise & date masala on grilled kale
- Appetizer 3: Spicy keema (ground lamb) curry on sweet potato and ricotta "cookies"
- Entree 1: Green beans and potatoes in mustard seed curry on green lentil and brown Basmati rice pilaf
- Entree 2: Vegetable koftas in creamy tomato-fenugreek curry
- Entree 3: Braised beef shortribs in Punjabi style curry
- Dessert 1: Almond rice pudding
- Dessert 2: Gulab Jamun