The Oakwood Canadian Bistro
- 2741 West 4th Avenue
- Vancouver, BC V6K 1P9
- Phone: 604.558.1965
The Oakwood Canadian Bistro is a fun and unpretentious neighbourhood room specializing in down-to-earth Canadian fare and casual service. The bistro welcomes with a chic Canadian log cabin feel, while the name pays homage to the reclaimed wood materials used in the space, as well as Kitsilano’s tree-themed street names. A staff of passionate industry professionals—from Owner Mike Shea, General Manager Tristan Young and Head Chef Ryan Murphy—ensures a quality, welcoming experience.
The concept for the Oakwood Canadian Bistro was drawn from classic French bistros, in which families invited the public into their homes to eat simply prepared, locally grown food in a warm, casual setting. Striving to utilize local, Canadian ingredients whenever possible, Head Chef Ryan Murphy and his team are guided by a food philosophy focused on fresh, house-made dishes influenced by French techniques. The small, seasonally changing menu—which features Canadian classics alongside the international melting pot cuisine that Canada is renowned for—caters to market availability and the sustainability of the products. All meats are organic, local and free of hormones and antibiotics, while the seafood is sustainable, seasonal and Ocean Wise certified. From the breads and pastas to the butchery and sauces, all products are made in-house with quality and consistency. At the bar, guests will find an excellent selection of craft beers, classic cocktails and an expertly chosen wine list.
The Oakwood Canadian Bistro welcomes with a comfortable, down-to-earth room designed by Mike Shea, who was inspired by restaurants he has experienced on his travels. Shea worked with SSDG Interiors and master carpenter Roman Mann to help implement his vision for the 85-seat room, which features key design elements — including a 16-seat communal table — made from reclaimed fir, oak and cedar. The welcoming patio seats 15 guests.
- Enable Menu:
- Special Notes: Please note that during Dine Out, we are only serving our DOV menu at dinner
- Neighborhood: Kitsilano, West Side
- Cuisine Type: Canadian
- Dinner Menu Price: $30
- Reservation Status: Accepting Reservations
- Gluten-Free Options Available:
- Vegetarian Options Available:
- Appetizer 1: smoked brisket hush puppies, pepper jelly, mint and dill salad
- Appetizer 2: apple, carrot, chickpea, cabbage salad, smoked duck
- Appetizer 3: roasted winter vegetable soup, rye cracker, citrus
- Entree 1: salmon, tarragon crepes, green beans, cous cops, sauce gribiche
- Entree 2: confit pork belly, roasted poblano salsa verde, white bean puree, fried cauliflower, kale
- Entree 3: roasted butternut squash, bacon, shemiji mushrooms, orecchiette, white wine cream sauce
- Dessert 1: pumpkin pie custard, pumpkin spiced crumb, orange shards
- Dessert 2: maple nut crumble, roasted pears, chantilly cream