Steel Toad Brewing Company
- 97 E 2nd Ave
- Vancouver, BC V5T 1B3
- Phone: 604.709.8623
Located in the former Opsal Steel building at 2nd and Quebec, the Steel Toad Brewpub and Dining Hall is an exciting new addition to the neighbourhood (adjacent to Olympic Village). It's a tasteful 200 seat pub with a 20' screen to view major event and is complimented by a 75 seat restaurant on the Mezzanine.
Separated from the dining area by nothing but a glass wall, the on-site brewery provides patrons with an unprecedented view of the brewing process. Small-batch craft beers are brewed fresh by head brewer Chris Charron, and sold exclusively for consumption on site at Steel Toad. Look for a constantly rotating lineup of both old and new world classics brewed true to tradition, including rare styles not often found, as well as creatively brewed experimental batches. In addition, in house we manage a carefully curated list of guest taps and bottles, featuring rare beers from all over the world.
Unlike the majority of the recent wave of craft breweries opened over the past few years in Vancouver, Steel Toad is equipped with a full kitchen. Chef Walter Sawan brings a wealth of experience. The seasonally rotating menu offers casual bistro and modern pub fare, prepared with the freshest ingredients available from local butchers, cheesemongers, producers, and farmers.
Groups are welcome
·Groups of any size can be accommodated.
·Customized menus happily created for your group.
· 2,000 square foot mezzanine has its own bar, a separate sound system, a 10' screen, and can be booked for private events.
While the beer is undoubtedly the star of the show, Steel Toad also features a fully stocked bar. The team of friendly and experienced bartenders craft modern and classic cocktails, a small but cleverly assembled wine list showcases wines from both BC and abroad, and a complete selection of hard liquors includes one of the largest and finest selections of whiskeys in the city. With solo acts and bands performing regularly downstairs in the pub, Steel Toad has been named one of the best spots in the city to watch live music without a cover charge. The downstairs pub features a 20’ retractable projector TV screen, which is brought down exclusively for important sporting and cultural events. For those wishing for a more traditional dining experience, our mezzanine dining room is removed from the live music and giant screen, while still feeling connected to the rest of the pub drop by to check out the newly restored heritage building and stay for lunch, a beer after work, or ask about group bookings.
- Complimentary WiFi:
- Enable Menu:
- Neighborhood: Main Street / Mt. Pleasant
- Cuisine Type: Public House
- Dinner Menu Price: $40
- Reservation Status: Accepting Reservations
- Appetizer 1: Bison carpaccio chili & juniper infused olive oil rocket salad
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Cedar Creek Proprietors Reserve
- Entree 1: Roast Pork "T Bone" Chop maple yam pure toasted barley risotto fig stout jus
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Mission Hill Chardonday
- Dessert 1: Warm Chocolate Stout Bread Pudding Salted Caramel Gelato
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Steel Toad Oatmeal Stout