Max's Restaurant, Cuisine of the Philippines
- 3546 Kingsway
- Vancouver, BC V5R 5L7
- Phone: 604.435.3505
A Blend of Flavors and A New Dining Experience
Filipino food is characterized by simplicity and flavor.
Max's Restaurant takes after the innate characteristics of Filipinos - hospitality, generosity and passion for good food. It elevates dining to an absolute experience for the palate. Recipes have been intricately developed for more than 60 years and given a modern twist to cater to the increasingly discriminating tastes of customers. It is almost impossible to put boundaries to the Filipino meal as it is a blend of influences from other cultures, such as Chinese, Spanish, Japanese and American. At Max's Restaurant, the freshest ingredients are chosen painstakingly, cooked passionately, and served generously. The menu is an exciting anthology of must-try dishes to feast upon from appetizers all the way to desserts.
A spacious dining area and two functions rooms. Each climate-controlled function room has audio-video equipment which includes an automated screen and LCD projector to plug in your laptops. State of the art digital sound system and microphones are included. They are great for business meetings, corporate parties/events and presentations, as well as Wedding & Baby Showers, Baptismal, Kiddie and Birthday parties. Reserve any of these function rooms and we can discuss in details on your event to customize to fit your budget. For further information, please call 604-435-3505 today!
- Fully Accessible:
Seasons Of Operation:
- Year Opened: 2012
- Free Parking:
- Group Bookings:
- Total Restaurant/Nightclub Capacity: 200
- Total Number of Private Rooms: 2
- Largest Private Room Capacity: 90
- Enable Menu:
- Special Notes: Thank you for visiting Max's Restaurant Cuisine of the Philippines Dine Out Menu 2017. As this is our third year joining Dine Out Vancouver Festival, try & experience Filipino cuisine, whether it's the first time or have already experienced Filipino cuisine, we are offering popular & authentic Filipino dishes that have been carefully put together. Dinner menu available from January 20 to February 5, 2017 starting at 5pm each day. Make your reservation today and we'll see you soon. Mabuhay!
- Neighborhood: East Vancouver
- Cuisine Type: Filipino
- Dinner Menu Price: $20
- Reservation Status: Accepting Reservations
- Vegetarian Options Available:
- Appetizer 1: Lumpiang Shanghai (Egg Roll) & Veggie Bites (Vegetable Eggroll Bites) Lumpiang Shanghai is a delicious mix of ground pork & vegetables rolled in pastry wrapper and deep fried, with sweet & sour sauce on the side. Veggie Bites is a delicious mix of select vegetables in bite size pieces with turnips, carrots, squash & eggplant wrapped in a pastry wrapper, with mayo mustard dip.
- Appetizer 2: Lumpiang Ubod (Heart of Palm Egg Roll) & Calamares (Calamari) Lumpiang Ubod is shredded heart of palm mixed with vegetables, pork, shrimp, and crabmeat, wrapped in fried pastry wrapper. Calamares is battered & deep fried squid rings. Both served with Vinegar Garlic Dip.
- Appetizer 3: Veggie Bites (Vegetable Eggroll Bites) (V) A delicious mix of select vegetables in bite size pieces with turnips, carrots, squash & eggplant wrapped in a pastry wrapper, with mayo mustard dip.
- Entree 1: Kare Kare (Beef Peanut Stew) Beef shank and oxtail with vegetables simmered in thick peanut sauce, served with Shrimp Paste on the side and steamed jasmine rice. A native delicacy.
- Entree 2: Crispy Pata (Crispy Pork Hock) with Pinakbet (Vegetable Stew) Premium pork hock simmered in a special marinade & deep fried to perfection. Served with Soy Vinegar Dipping Sauce on the side & steamed jasmine rice. A treat! Pinakbet is a melange of fresh vegetables sautéed with pork, shrimp & shrimp paste. A popular stew originally from the Northern Ilocos region, prepared the Max's way.
- Entree 3: Filipino Pork Barbeque Skewer & Pancit Palabok (Thick Rice Noodles) Pork slices marinated in a special tangy mildly sweet & spicy sauce and speared in a bamboo skewer and grilled to perfection. Pancit Palabok is a thick rice noodle in a delicious shrimp, squid and ground pork sauce, garnished with garlic bits, ground pork cracklings, green onions and sliced boiled egg. Both are all time Filipino favorites. OR Spicy Laing Tilapia Crispy golden brown Tilapia fillet with spicy taro leaves cooked in a rich coconut cream sauce, served with steamed jasmine rice. A favorite choice. OR Sizzling Tofu (V) Tofu cubes with chopped onions and peppers glazed with a special sauce and topped with chili, with steamed jasmine rice and served on a sizzling plate. OR Chicken Adobo Popular Philippine chicken stew richly marinated in soy sauce and vinegar. Enhanced with the flavors of garlic, bay leaf and whole peppercorns. Served with steamed jasmine rice.
- Dessert 1: Leche Flan Delicious and mouth watering custard made from egg yolk and milk, topped with caramel syrup.
- Dessert 2: Ube Crème Decadence A light, smooth, creamy eggless custard wit ube halaya (purple yam) filling served chilled, topped with ube cake crumbs.
- Dessert 3: Buko Pandan Young coconut mixed with pandan leaf (screwpine) gelatin and tapioca in a rich fluffy cream sauce, with Macapuno (coconut) ice cream and rice flakes.