Max's Restaurant, Cuisine of the Philippines
- 3546 Kingsway
- Vancouver, BC V5R 5L7
- Phone: 604.435.3505
A Blend of Flavors and A New Dining Experience
Filipino food is characterized by simplicity and flavor.
Max's Restaurant takes after the innate characteristics of Filipinos - hospitality, generosity and passion for good food. It elevates dining to an absolute experience for the palate. Recipes have been intricately developed for more than 60 years and given a modern twist to cater to the increasingly discriminating tastes of customers. It is almost impossible to put boundaries to the Filipino meal as it is a blend of influences from other cultures, such as Chinese, Spanish, Japanese and American. At Max's Restaurant, the freshest ingredients are chosen painstakingly, cooked passionately, and served generously. The menu is an exciting anthology of must-try dishes to feast upon from appetizers all the way to desserts. A spacious dining area and two function rooms. Each climate-controlled function room has audio-video equipment which includes automated screen, LCD projector, wireless microphones and a digital sound system.
- Fully Accessible:
Seasons Of Operation:
- Year Opened: 2012
- Free Parking:
- Group Bookings:
- Total Restaurant/Nightclub Capacity: 200
- Total Number of Private Rooms: 2
- Largest Private Room Capacity: 90
- Special Notes: Welcome to Max's Restaurant! Dine Out Dinner Menu is available starting from 5:00pm.
- Neighborhood: East Vancouver
- Cuisine Type: Filipino
- Dinner Menu Price: $20
- Reservation Status: Accepting Reservations
- Vegetarian Options Available:
- Appetizer 1: Lumpiang Shanghai & Veggie Bites - Lumpiang Shanghai is a delicious mix of ground pork & vegetables rolled in pastry wrapper and deep fried. Served with sweet & sour sauce on the side. Veggie Bites is a delicious mix of select vegetables in bite size pieces in a pastry wrapper & deep fried. Served with mayo mustard dip.
- Appetizer 2: Veggie Lumpia Bites (Vegetable Eggroll Bites) - A delicious mix of select vegetables in bite size pieces with turnips, carrots, squash & eggplant wrapped in lumpia wrapper. Served with mayo mustard dip. (V)
- Appetizer 3: Lumpiang Ubod (Heart of Palm Eggroll) & Calamares - Lumpiang Ubod is shredded heart of palm mixed with vegetables, pork, shrimp, and crabmeat, wrapped in fried pastry wrapper. Calamares (Calamari) is battered & deep fried squid rings. Both served with Vinegar Garlic Dip on the side.
- Entree 1: Kare Kare (Beef Peanut Stew) - Beef shank & oxtail with vegetables simmered in thick peanut sauce, served with Shrimp Paste on the side & steamed jasmine rice. A native delicacy.
- Entree 2: Crispy Pata (Crispy Pork Hock) with Pinakbet (Vegetable Stew) or Chopsuey (Sauteed Vegetables) - Premium pork hock simmered in a special marinade & deep fried to perfection. Served with Soy Vinegar Dipping Sauce on the side & steamed jasmine rice. A treat! Pinakbet is a melage of fresh vegetables sautéed with pork, shrimp & shrimp paste. A popular stew originally from the Northern Ilocos region, prepared the Max's way. Chopsuey is a Chinese inspired assorted vegetables with shrimp, pork, and chicken sautéed in our savoury sauce.
- Entree 3: Spicy Laing Tilapia - Crispy golden brown Tilapia fillet with spicy taro leaves cooked in a rich coconut cream sauce, served with steamed jasmine rice. A favorite choice. or/ Filipino Pork Barbeque Skewer & Pancit Palabok (Thick Rice Noodles) - Pork slices marinated in a special tangy mildly sweet & spicy sauce & speared in a bamboo skewer & grilled to perfection. Pancit Palabok is a thick rice noodles in a delicious shrimp, squid & ground pork sauce, garnished with garlic bits, ground pork cracklings, green onions & sliced boiled egg. Both are all time Filipino favorites. or/ Sizzling Tofu - Tofu cubes with chopped onions & peppers glazed with a special sauce & topped with chili, & served with steamed rice. (V) or/ Chicken Adobo - Popular Philippine chicken stew richly marinated in soy sauce & vinegar. Enhanced with the flavors of garlic, bay leaf & whole peppercorn. Garnished with green onions & egg & served with steamed jasmine rice. A well loved dish.
- Dessert 1: Leche Flan - Delicious & mouth watering custard made from egg yolk & milk, topped with caramel syrup.
- Dessert 2: Ube Crème Decadence - A light, smooth, creamy eggless custard with ube halaya (purple yam) filling served chilled, topped with ube cake crumbs.
- Dessert 3: Buko Pandan - Young coconut mixed with pandan leaf (screwpine) gelatin tapioca in a rich fluffy cream sauce, with rice flakes.