Las Margaritas Restaurante Y Cantina
- 1999 4th Ave West
- Vancouver, BC V6J 1M7
- Phone: 604.734.7117
Some of the best Mexican food in Vancouver can be found at Las Margaritas on West 4th Avenue in Kitsilano.
Under new ownership since 1994, the long standing Kitsilano dining institution attracts many faithful diners with it's Cantina-style look and menu. Las Margaritas has rebuilt and expanded their 60 seat patio which has been voted one of the best in Vancouver.
At Las Margaritas you'll find what's been called the city's best salsa and margaritas, as well as the largest tequila selection in B.C. Las Margaritas serves up hearty portions and the price range is hard to beat. Owner Dan Rodriguez and general manager Rolando Guardia serve food more from the north of Mexico, Baja and California. Rodriguez frequently visits Mexico, Southern California and the Baja to make sure his restaurant keeps up with current trends in Mexican food and drinks.
Las Margaritas' Mexican food is made from the finest, freshest ingredients available. Our recipes, inspired by the cooking of Northern Mexico, Baja California, and Southern California, are prepared to be healthy, tasty and fresh. Cooking methods such as broiling, grilling and baking assure that fresh foods stay fresh.
We do not cook with lard, MSG, preservatives, food colouring or other additives, and cholesterol-free canola oil is used in all of our fried items. Our salsa and guacamole are made fresh daily on the premises, and we use freshly-squeezed lime and lemon juice for our top-shelf margaritas.
Open: 7 Days a week from 11:30am – 11pm
Dining Average Cost: $15 - 25
Dining Style: Casual
Special Features: Garden patio, bar or lounge
- Enable Menu:
- Special Notes: When making a reservation please remember to mention Dine Out.
- Neighborhood: Kitsilano, West Side
- Cuisine Type: Mexican/Latin American
- Dinner Menu Price: $20
- Reservation Status: Accepting Reservations
- Gluten-Free Options Available:
- Vegetarian Options Available:
- Appetizer 1: Sope Little masa boat filled with refried black beans, your choice chicken, shredded beef or carnitas. Topped with lettuce, green salsa, sour cream and feta cheese.
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: XX Lager Draft
- Appetizer 2: Scallop Ceviche Scallops marinated in fresh lime juice and mixed with tomatoes, red onions, red pepper, cilantro and jalapéno peppers. Served with flour tortilla chips.
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Cuervo Tradicional Silver
- Appetizer 3: Mushroom Quesadilla A grilled flour tortilla filled with cheese, mushrooms, onions and fresh epazote (mexican herb). Served with sour cream & salsa.
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Cedar Creek Proprietor's White
- Entree 1: Chile Verde Cubed pork simmered in a green tomatillo, poblano and serrano pepper sauce. Served with white rice and flour or corn tortillas.
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Cerveza Pacifico
- Entree 2: Chicken Mole Enchilada A corn tortillas rolled with roasted chicken, covered in our traditional mole sauce. Garnished with toasted sesame seeds and sliced red onions. Served with rice and refried beans.
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: XX Amber
- Entree 3: Vegetarian Enchilada A corn tortilla filled sautéed poblano chile strips, onions, mushrooms, corn and epazote leaves, covered with a spinach cream sauce. Served with black beans and salad.
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Cedar Creek Proprietor's Red
- Dessert 1: Pastel de Tres Leches Traditional cake made of three kinds of milk. The most popular cake in Mexico.
- Dessert 2: Flan A traditional Mexican dessert consisting of a creamy caramel custard.
- Dessert 3: Churros con Chocolate Two churros served with a Mexican chocolate sauce.