- 217 Carrall Street
- Vancouver, BC V6B-2J2
- Phone: 604.568.1701
L’Abattoir is located in the center of Gastown between historic Gaoler’s Mews and Blood Alley. The restaurant was built in the 19th century and is the site of Vancouver’s first jail. Originally buttressed to the city’s main butchery and meat packing district, the name L’Abattoir pays homage to the neighbourhood’s colourful past.
Set in a refurbished brick and beam building that combines classic French tile work with industrial fixtures, natural wood, and glass and steel finishes, the restaurant offers a bar and lounge setting, elevated dining room and plush, sun soaked atrium.
Chef Lee Cooper and Owner / Operator Paul Grunberg are dedicated to highlighting the finer points of eating and drinking in L’Abattoir’s informed but informal setting. French influenced West Coast fare is paired with Wine Director Lisa Haley’s eclectic wine program and an innovative cocktail list to offer a truly unique dining experience.
L’Abattoir adds to Gastown’s bustling breakfast scene with a menu mixing comforting staples with hearty, unique entrees. Thirsty brunchers can sip on creative cocktails, as well as daily feature vermouth on the rocks. Non-alcoholic options include daily bottled house made iced teas.
Just adjacent to L’Abattoir’s regular dining room is the restaurant’s stunning new private dining facility. The 1,200 sq ft. facility features historical architectural elements complimented by a contemporary design aesthetic. While large enough for 50 people seated or 70 standing, the room retains an intimate ambiance and a noise-reducing barrier blocks out the hustle and bustle of the regular dining room.
Serving seven nights a week. Join us.
Open: 7 nights a week, Monday to Thursday from 5:30pm to 10:00pm. Fridays & Saturdays from 5:30pm to 10:30pm (bar open until 12:00am). Happy Hour from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. with half-price appetizers and daily wine, beer and cocktail specials. Weekend brunch from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Lunch bookings are available for groups in our private dining room.
Dining Style: Casual, Fine, Fun
Special Features: Patio/Enclosed Solarium, Wheelchair Access, Bar/Mixologist, Lounge, Private Parties, Wine Cellar, Sommelier
- Total Restaurant/Nightclub Capacity: 200
- Total Number of Private Rooms: 1
- Largest Private Room Capacity: 50
- Less than 10 min walk from Convention Centre:
- Enable Menu:
- Neighborhood: Gastown
- Cuisine Type: French
- Dinner Menu Price: $40
- Reservation Status: Accepting Reservations
- Gluten-Free Options Available:
- Vegetarian Options Available:
- Appetizer 1: Salad of beetroot and stone fruit Cheese, cannoli, garlic dressing (V)
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Laughing Stock ’15 Pinot Gris Okanagan Valley, BC VQA, Canada $12/60
- Appetizer 2: Lightly cured steelhead Dill, potato, smoked yolk, mustard greens
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Tantalus ’15 Riesling Okanagan Valley, BC VQA Canada $12/60
- Appetizer 3: Lamb neck braised in Moroccan spices Cucumber, charred eggplant, yogurt
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Stag’s Hollow ’13 Cabernet Franc Okanagan Valley, BC VQA, Canada $11/53
- Entree 1: Roasted cauliflower and crab risotto Toasted seeds, parmesan **(modify to make vegetarian option)**
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Meyer ’15 Pinot Noir ‘Rose’ Okanagan Valley, BC VQA, Canada $12/60
- Entree 2: Steak Diane Pomme fondant, onion, peppercorn
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Orofino ’14 Syrah ‘Scout Vineyard’ Similkameen Valley, BC VQA, Canada $14/68
- Entree 3: Baked fillet of Pacific cod Clams, sausage, fregola
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Le Vieux Pin ’15 Viognier/Marsanne/Roussanne ‘Ava’ BC VQA, Canada $15/72
- Dessert 1: Tonka & greek yogurt pannacotta Spiced carrot cake, candied carrot mousse
- Dessert 2: Dark chocolate cremeux Passionfruit and cream cheese mousse, caramelized white chocolate
- Dessert 3: Orange olive oil cake White chocolate custard, grapefruit sorbet