Hart House Restaurant
- 6664 Deer Lake Ave
- Burnaby, BC V5E 4H3
- Phone: 604.298.4278
Welcome to Hart House, an idyllic lakeside estate that offers guests a unique culinary experience. Open since 1988, we are located close to Burnaby’s thriving business district and a short drive from downtown Vancouver. Hart House is an oasis in the busy urban landscape: it is a place where guests can enjoy outstanding cuisine served by friendly staff in a charming heritage house setting.
The casual elegance of Hart House’s restaurant makes it the ideal place for an intimate dinner for two, or a meeting with friends. We also, however, provide a full range of services for larger gatherings: our Private Function rooms are the staging area for exceptional conferences, and our lawns and gardens are a perennial choice for brides-to-be who dream of an outdoor wedding. We invite you to visit us and see for yourself all that we have to offer.
Although it is close to the bustle of the city, visitors find that coming to Hart House is like returning to a simpler time, when quality was paramount and people took the time to make sure everything was done exactly as it should be. Our restaurant offers guests an opportunity to enjoy outstanding food and wine in a casually elegant setting.
Our Executive Chef has designed a menu featuring the eclectic cuisine of the Pacific Northwest. Dishes are prepared with the freshest local ingredients, including herbs from our own garden. The food is served by friendly staff who share our passion for fine cuisine, and who will strive to make your experience at Hart House enjoyable in every way.
Open: Tuesday to Thursday - 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday - 11:30am-9:30pm, Saturday - 5:00pm-9:30pm. Sunday - 11:00am-9:00pm, Closed Mondays
Dining Style: Casual, Fine
Special Features: View, Patio, Garden Setting
- Complimentary WiFi:
- AAA Diamond: 3
- Enable Menu:
- Special Notes: Valentine's Day Dinner
- Price: $68
- Cuisine Type: Mediterranean
- Gluten-Free Options Available:
- Reservation Status: Accepting Reservations
Special Offer Menu Description
- Description: Valentine's Day Dinner We invite all lovers and friends to join us for a special Four Course Valentine's Dinner. $68 per person Seating Times: 5:00pm, 5:15pm, 5:30pm (Main Floor) 6:00, 6:15pm, 6:30pm, (2nd Floor) 7:30pm, 7:45pm, 8:00pm (Main Floor) 8:30pm (2nd Floor) The 2nd floor is accessible by stairs only. All reservations are allocated 2 hours from the reservation time to allow for thorough cleaning and sanitation between seatings. To ensure physical distancing please arrive on time and remain in your car; we will text you when your table is ready. Valentine's Day Four Course Menu Amuse Bouche Dungeness Crab Toast Brioche, Cucumber, Crème Fraiche, Divine Caviar Starters Mediterranean Seafood Chowder Oceanwise Seafood, Fennel, Crispy Pork Belly, Smoked Tomato Cream, Tarragon Oil Sformato Cacio e Pepe Parmigiano Reggiano And Cracked Pepper Flan, Arugula & Walnut Pesto, Parmigiano Crisp, Aged Balsamic Warm Wild Mushroom Salad Crispy Poached Egg, Arugula, Mt Lehman Grana Padano, White Balsamic & Truffle Vinaigrette (V) Mid-Course Smoked Sablefish & Celery Root Risotto Preserved Lemon, Dill Palate Cleanser Watermelon, Kiwi & Strawberry Granita (V) Mains Confit Duck Leg Braised Lentils, Tomato Sauce, Kale, Garlic Pangrattato, Salsa Verde Chorizo Crusted Arctic Char Crispy Chickpeas, Olives, Arugula, Romesco Sauce (also available without Chorizo) Roasted Beet Farroto Swiss Chard, Pistachio, Mt Lehmann 'Gozzarella', Aged Balsamic (V) Dessert Duo to Share Basque Country Cheesecake Huckleberry Reduction, Vanilla Bean Cream & Chocolate Hazelnut Feuilletine Whipped Milk Chocolate Ganache, Salted Caramel
- Buy Out:
- Largest Private Room Capacity: 250
- Max Capacity Banquet: 250
- Total Number of Private Rooms: 5
- Partially Accessible:
- Free Parking:
- Group Bookings:
- Maximum Group Size: 200
Seasons Of Operation:
- Year Opened: 1988
- Description Hart House has unique indoor and outdoor spaces make it the perfect venue for a wide variety of special events and celebrations: anniversaries, awards ceremonies, business meetings, corporate retreats, outdoor barbeques, retirement parties, seasonal parties, seminars, staff recognition and of course wedding receptions. The casual elegance of our restaurant and Private Function rooms, the fresh lakeside atmosphere of our lawn and gardens, and the cozy charm of our private Cottage all provide memorable settings for special events. Experience a food, wine and service focused event within the comfortable and welcoming environment of Hart House. We are committed to ensuring you top notch organization with menus created by Executive Chef Alana Peckham, and all the necessary audio visual and presentation needs for your event. Restaurant The restaurant on the main floor seats 80. It includes an outdoor patio during summer for an additional 60 seats, equipped with umbrellas and heat lamps. The restaurant is available for private events on Saturdays , between 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Private Rooms Two Private Dining rooms are located on the second floor accessible by stairs. 25 to 80 guests may be accommodated in the south facing Rosedale Room, 10 to 25 can be seated in the mountain facing Avalon Room. Both rooms offer excellent views of the estate grounds. Lakeside Cottage Hart House’s Lakeside Cottage is a separate structure located on the south lawn with a spectacular view of the estate lawns and Deer Lake. The cozy Cottage seats 8 to 38 guests and features a fireplace and bar. Lawn on the Lake The Hart House lawn overlooking Deer Lake creates a beautiful setting for wedding ceremonies, receptions and large private events. The lawn and seasonal marquee tent can accommodate up to 250 guests (Lakeside Cottage included with Lawn bookings).
- Floorplan File Floorplan File
- Largest Room 250
- Total Sq. Ft. 3000
- Reception Capacity 250
- Theatre Capacity 80
- Banquet Capacity 250
- Number of Rooms 6
- Classroom Capacity 40