- 1300 Robson St
- Vancouver, BC V6E 1C5
- Phone: 604.661.1400
Casual, comfortable and affordable, Forage celebrates all things BC. The menu is locally focused in both food and drink; service is attentive yet never fussy, and its approachable West End location makes forage a local's "local". It's an ideal destination for breakfast seven days a week, brunch on weekends and nightly for dinner.
Chef Chris Whittaker's vision features dishes that are unpretentious and innovatively prepared using products sourced from local and organic farmers, fishers and producers whenever possible. These combine for a menu featuring snacks such as "crackling & popcorn", a variety of creative "boards" and "irons" to share; tasty "plates" to nosh on together or enjoy solo as a main; and desserts for a sweet (and a bit savoury) finish. Since opening in November 2012, Whittaker has let his award-winning culinary imagination be inspired by the terroir he loves to explore.
The beverage philosophy of forage mirrors that of the food; eclectic, inspiring and local. For our wines - in addition to four great BC wines on tap - Restaurant Manager, Margot Baloro, has chosen the best of the Pacific Northwest, the best of each winery, and the best of each varietal. All 10 of our draught beers are BC craft brews with a great selection of bottled Pacific Northwest cult beers.
Open: 7 days a week
Dining Style: Casual
Special Features: Wheelchair Access, Bar or Lounge, Private Parties, Parking, Beer & Wine on tap
- Enable Menu:
- Neighborhood: West End, English Bay
- Cuisine Type: West Coast
- Dinner Menu Price: $30
- Reservation Status: Accepting Reservations
- Gluten-Free Options Available:
- Vegetarian Options Available:
- Appetizer 1: Grilled Kale Salad, Brie and Honey Dressing, Roasted Hazelnuts, Caramelized Apples
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: 2015 Howling Bluff Sauvignon Blanc
- Appetizer 2: Yarrow Farms Duck and Leek Presse Preserved Lemon Aioli, Quince Gel, Mustard Greens
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: 2015 Liquidity Pinot Gris
- Appetizer 3: Westcoast Prawn and Seafood Chowder Chicharon, Soft Poached Quail's egg
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: 2011 Seven Stones 'Speaking Rock' Chardonnay
- Entree 1: Gelderman Farm Pork Belly and Crackling Celeriac Pomme Puree, Spiced Rutabaga, Okanagan Apple and Birch Syrup Chutney
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: 2015 Culmina 'Unicus' Gruner Veltliner
- Entree 2: Roasted Keta Salmon Crispy Cauliflower, Cauliflower "Fondue", Nettle Gnocchi
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: 2014 Moon Curser 'Afraid of the Dark'
- Entree 3: Fried Abbotsford Rice, Fermented Leeks, House Miso Roasted Mushrooms, Gluten Free Tempura Pearls, 64 degree egg
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: 2014 Arrowleaf 'Solstice' Pinot Noir
- Dessert 1: Little Qualicum Cheese Puff Ginger Cordial, Ice Cream, Gin Spiked Fraser Valley Blueberries
- Dessert 2: Chocolate Hazelnut Bar, Raspberry Textures, White Chocolate Kefir Cream