Edible Canada at the Market
- 202-1504 Duranleau Street
- Vancouver, BC V6H 3S4
- Phone: (604) 558-0040
Edible Canada— Sightseeing for your taste buds.
Edible Canada is an 8 year-old business headquartered in the heart of Granville Island, in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are Canada's largest culinary tourism and locavore retail company, dedicated to sourcing and using the highest quality culinary products from coast to coast for our customers.
Our full service bistro focuses on new Canadian cuisine. Unpretentious, welcoming and accessible, we celebrate the best food, wine, beer and spirits from across Canada. Our open kitchen, 150 seat bistro features a private dining space, expansive patio and take out window for tasty bites and Salt Spring Coffee to go. We are open daily for lunch and dinner, plus weekend brunch.
Our very popular artisan retail store (located adjacent the bistro) is also a foodies heaven, packed full of the highest quality Canadian-made gourmet food items from maple syrups and smoked salmon, to flavoured sea salts and a wide selection of locally made chocolates and other treats.
For more food experiences, we offer chef guided Granville Island Market Tours, private events, and demonstration guest chef Market Dinners.
- Total Restaurant/Nightclub Capacity: 120
- Total Number of Private Rooms: 1
- Largest Private Room Capacity: 45
- Max Capacity Banquet: 80
- Max Capacity Reception: 120
- Buy Out:
- Live Entertainment:
- Enable Menu:
- Special Notes: We are not a 100% gluten-free kitchen, but we do our best to prevent cross-contamination. Please let your server know if you are a celiac. Each seating will be an hour and a half. Local BC wine pairings will be available!
- Neighborhood: Granville Island
- Cuisine Type: Canadian
- Dinner Menu Price: $30
- Reservation Status: Accepting Reservations
- Gluten-Free Options Available:
- Vegetarian Options Available:
- Appetizer 1: Hazelmere Roasted Carrot Soup cumin, pasilla chili, buttermilk GF V
- Appetizer 2: Pacific Cod and Pemberton Potato Pakoras jalapeño apple chutney, fresh mint and pickles GF
- Appetizer 3: Hazelmere Kale Salad puffed wild rice, pickled beets, butternut squash, tahini apple cider vinaigrette GF V Or Crispy West Coast Humbolt Squid chermoula vinaigrette, white bean hummus, dried olives add $3 GF Or Grilled Alberta Lamb Heart Gaujillo adobo, cilantro, hominy corn grits add $4 GF Or Rangeland Bison Tartare Japanese mustard, fir tip aioli, root vegetable chips add $5 GF
- Entree 1: Honey Butter Basted Fried Chicken homemade hot sauce, smashed potato, kolrabi slaw
- Entree 2: Prairie Farro Risotto local seasonal mushrooms, roasted squash, pecorino
- Entree 3: Haida Gwaii Rockfish & Mussel Stew Moroccan tomato broth, heirloom carrots, chickpeas, cilantro GF Or Newfoundland Seal Pappardelle guanciale-style cured pork cheek, tomato, chilli, marjoram add $3 Or Quebec Rabbit Orecchiette mushrooms, confit onions, shaved brussels sprouts, parmesan add $4 Or Char Grilled Alberta Hanger Steak chimichurri, panisse, garlic purée, grilled tomato add $6 GF
- Dessert 1: Chocolate Pot du Crème cassis, crystallized ginger GF
- Dessert 2: Pumpkin Sticky Toffee Pudding maple bourbon custard, candied walnuts