Edible Canada Chef Tobias Grignon with Indigenous Chefs Rich Francis, Shane Chartrand, & Bill Alexander. Vancouver World Chef Exchange - Indigenous Canada The Wilds of Canada Presented by Aeroplan Produced by Tourism Vancouver and sponsored by Air Canada, The Westin Bayshore and Edible Canada… more
Edible Canada at the Market
- 1596 Johnston Street
- Vancouver, BC V6H 3S4
- Phone: (604) 682-6681
Edible Canada— Sightseeing for your taste buds.
Edible Canada is headquartered in the heart of Granville Island, in Vancouver, British Columbia. We are Canada's largest culinary tourism and locavore retail company, dedicated to sourcing and using the highest quality culinary products from coast to coast for our customers. Edible Canada offers a vibrant Granville Island Restaurant, a Gourmet Artisan Retail Shop as well as multiple Tours, Events and Getaways. We host unique events and Private Dining Experiences.
Our full service bistro focuses on new Canadian cuisine. Unpretentious, welcoming and accessible, we celebrate the best food, wine, beer and spirits from across Canada. Our open kitchen, 150 seat bistro features a private dining space, expansive patio and take out window for tasty bites and Salt Spring Coffee to go. We are open daily for lunch and dinner, plus weekend brunch.
Our very popular artisan retail store (located adjacent the bistro) is also a foodies heaven, packed full of the highest quality Canadian-made gourmet food items from maple syrups and smoked salmon, to flavoured sea salts and a wide selection of locally made chocolates and other treats.
For more food experiences, we offer the Canadian table collaborative chef-led dinner series, private events, and demonstration guest chef Market Dinners.
- Partially Accessible:
- Year Opened: 2010
- Year Last Renovated: 2017
- Maximum Group Size: 100
- Free Parking:
- Group Bookings:
- Group Rates:
- Total Restaurant/Nightclub Capacity: 120
- Total Number of Private Rooms: 1
- Largest Private Room Capacity: 45
- Max Capacity Banquet: 80
- Max Capacity Reception: 120
- Buy Out:
- Live Entertainment:
- Special Notes: Edible Canada is doing something a little different this year. This menu is different from what we offer on a daily basis. We have invited Chef Rich Francis, Chef and Founder of The Seventh Fire Hospitality Group, Red Chef Revival & Cooking for Reconciliation, to help us prepare a truly Canadian menu which showcases indigenous cuisine. Born in Yellowknife North West Territories , Canada, Rich’s mother is Haudenosaunee from the Six Nations of Ontario, Canada, and his father is Tetlit Gwich’in from Fort McPherson, NWT. From those roots, Rich has climbed the ladder from the acclaimed Stratford Chefs School in Stratford, Ontario finishing at the top of class and receiving the institute’s award for culinary excellence in 2008 to being one of the Finalists and only First Nations competitor on Season 4 of Top Chef Canada. Come visit us during the 2018 Dine Out Vancouver Festival to taste what Chef Francis and our team have whipped up to share with Vancouver!
- Neighborhood: Granville Island
- Cuisine Type: Canadian
- Dinner Menu Price: $30
- Reservation Status: Accepting Reservations
- Gluten-Free Options Available:
- Vegetarian Options Available:
- Appetizer 1: Local greens, pickled roots, Agassiz hazelnuts, fireweed honey vinaigrette, fry bread
- Appetizer 2: Crispy oysters, salt pork and white bean salad, sea asparagus, burnt lemon
- Appetizer 3: Iroquois three sisters soup, apple, hickory nuts and sage or/ Bison tartare, grilled onion, mustard seeds, puffed wild rice, onion bannock +$5 or/ Hot smoked Sockeye Salmon with flavours of the medicine wheel, cranberry, watercress, walnuts, +$4 or/ Seal tataki, soy, charred squash puree, chilli, cabbage, pumpkin seeds +$6
- Entree 1: Slow cooked bison pappardelle, red wine, cranberry bean, hazelnut gremolata
- Entree 2: Smoked baby potatoes, wild mushrooms, crispy parsnip, beans, chive butter
- Entree 3: Buttermilk brined crispy turkey leg, squash purée, cabbage, blackberry honey or/ Brown butter roasted Pacific lingcod, three sisters ragoût, fennel, olive tapenade +$3 or/ Seared elk medallions, Anishinaabe wild rice and steel cut oat risotto, buffalo sage, Arctic blueberry +$8 or/ Pan seared Arctic char, celery root, salt pork, Hazelmere kale, wheat berries, apple beurre blanc +$5
- Dessert 1: Wild berry pot du crème, smoky ginger cookie
- Dessert 2: Cedar roasted Okanagan apples, fried bannock, maple brown butter, goat cheese