BISTRO SAKANA Neo Japonesque Sushi & Tapas
- 1123 Mainland Street
- Vancouver, BC V6B 5P2
- Phone: 604.633.1280
Bistro Sakana, long considered a Yaletown sushi icon, continues to impress diners with a high standard of quality and service that has remained consistent for over 10 years. Creativity is paramount here, and at Bistro Sakana the goal is not only to satisfy, but to inspire as well. Some of the city’s most original Japanese fusion dishes, including the use of brown rice in sushi, were conceived here, and that creative spirit lives on. Bistro Sakana also has a reputation for freshness, and like all good restaurants in Japan, this starts with a daily visit to local markets. Chefs at Bistro Sakana are very much in touch with their Japanese roots, but also willing to experiment. Here you will find both traditional Japanese cuisine alongside a variety of colourful fusion dishes. Try the Tuna Avocado Crepe or the Teppan Roll, inspired by French and Italian influences and interpreted from a uniquely Japanese perspective. This global spirit is also evident in the original cocktails, extensive selection of wines, and Vancouver's largest and most exclusive cold sake list. Bistro Sakana is located in an historic former rail-yard warehouse, with high ceilings, exposed beams, a garden patio situated on an old railcar loading dock, and a rustic/contemporary atmosphere that features modern European jazz and intimate lighting. Come and enjoy what long time patrons often refer to as “the best sushi in Vancouver”. There’s a good chance the Bistro Sakana is just what you’ve been looking for.
- Fully Accessible:
Seasons Of Operation:
- Enable Menu:
- Special Notes: Please note: Due to our specialized preparation of Dine Out. No substitutions or take out permitted.
- Neighborhood: Yaletown
- Cuisine Type: Japanese
- Dinner Menu Price: $40
- Reservation Status: Accepting Reservations
- Appetizer 1: Kaiseki Appetizer Includes all of the following: Tofu Tamago Custard Matsutake mushroom, green beans, black tobiko, light soy sauce Tuna Yuzu Patty with Ikura and sweet mango Kinuta Maki Salmon, potatoes with Japanese daikon radish, rich tofu sesame cream sauce and gold flake sprinkles.
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Sake Pairing: Haikkaisan Junmai Ginjo /Wine Pairing:La Stella Pinot Grigio BC VQA
- Entree 1: A signature platter that features the all of the following: Blue Fin Chuo Toro Fresh medium fatty blue fin Tuna with Avocado Madai Fresh red sea bream with shiso leaf. Hotate (Scallop) Aburi Flame torched scallop with sweet citrus miso sauce Wild Sockeye Jalapeno Aburi "Hakozushi" Sockeye salmon layered with sushi rice, box pressed, flame torched, and topped with jalapeño slices Toro Red Chili Aburi "Hakozushi" Albacore toro marinated in Junmai sake & miso, layered with sushi rice, box pressed, flame torched, and topped with red chilli and key lime slivers. Anago Nigiri Salt water sea eel, soft texture and natural sweetness Kisu Tempura Crispy and juicy Japanese whiting fish with truffle salt Crunchy Filo Prawns Tiger prawn wrapped in fine filo dough, lightly fried and served with hollandaise dipping sauce. Omaskase Mystery Additional chef choice surprise that features both uniqueness and freshness And Grilled AAA Angus Ribeye & Foie Gras Slightly breaded with Japanese daikon radish, vegetables, and mashed potatoes in specialty red wine and teriyaki hybrid sauce.
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Sake Pairing: Taka Ginjo Yamadanishiki/ Wine Pairing: Clos Du Soleil Capella Sauv/Sem BC VQA
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Sake Pairing: Meikyoshisui Junmai Daiginjo/ Wine Pairing: Clos Du Soleil Syrah BC VQA
- Dessert 1: Yuzu Lemon Tart Fresh berries, raspberry sorbet with lemon yuzu and red fruit drizzle. Delightful Sin
- BC VQA Wine/Beverage Pairing: Sake Pairing: Kozaemon Umaji Yuzu Sake/ Wine Pairing: Quails Gate Dry Riesling BC VQA