Afghan Horsemen Restaurant
- 202-1833 Anderson St.
- Vancouver, BC V6H4E5
- Phone: 604.873.5923
We are the first Afghan restaurant in Canada, serving Vancouver and the surrounding Lower Mainland for over 40 years.
We are pleased to bring you the finest authentic Afghani food in British Columbia, Canada. Our family-managed restaurant has been serving gourmet Afghan cuisine made from the freshest ingredients since 1974. Our award winning restaurant offers delectable Afghani dishes for meat lovers and vegetarians alike.
Come join us and explore the rich cultural wealth of The Afghan Horsemen Restaurant with delicious recipes that will take you through a culinary journey of mouth-watering Afghan dishes and will leave your palate craving for more!
- Fully Accessible:
- Visual Accessible:
Seasons Of Operation:
- Year Opened: 1974
- Free Parking:
- Enable Menu:
- Special Notes: We are proud to be Canada's first Afghan Restaurant, Family owned and operated since 1974. For those who wish to experience a true afghan style dinner, we have the afghan room with low tables and cushions on the floor.
- Neighborhood: Granville Island
- Cuisine Type: Afghan/Middle Eastern
- Dinner Menu Price: $20
- Reservation Status: Accepting Reservations
- Gluten-Free Options Available:
- Vegetarian Options Available:
- Appetizer 1: Salad with feta cheese - mixed green, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and feta cheese
- Appetizer 2: Potatoe Boulany (V)- Wheat crust stuffed with potatoes, sautéed onions and herbs
- Appetizer 3: Hummus (V) (GF)- it is not your typical hummus. Ours is 100% nuts free with no tahini. Served with pita bread
- Entree 1: Baked rice with kabuli (V) (GF), stewed vegetables (V) (GF), potato pakwra (V). with your choice of one of the following: Baked lamb shank, Lamb Shoulder or Chicken Kebab
- Entree 2: Baked rice with kabuli (V) (GF), Potato Pakwra (V) with your choice of two of the following: Bedenjan borni (eggplant) (V) (GF), Dahl (Lentil stew) (V) (GF), Aushak (ravioli) (V)
- Dessert 1: Firni - milk pudding with cardamom spice and pistachios.