Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden: Yoga at the Garden
- April 24, 2021
- Times: From: 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM
- Location: Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden
- 578 Carrall St
- Vancouver, BC V6B 5K2
- Admission: $20-$25
As part of our year-long 35th Anniversary celebrations, join us on and start your day off right with a relaxing and energising 60-minute Yoga class.
This event has a limited capacity of 6 participants. You must pre-purchase your tickets here
Registered participants are invited to arrive at the Garden at 9am and spend some time enjoying the peace and tranquility of the Garden before the class begins.
Then, and as the class comes to an end, we welcome you to unwind and stroll around the Garden for another 30 minutes or by exploring the installations across the Garden rooms as we share objects and memorabilia from the past! From archive photos, historical newspaper clippings, collages and video displays, to tools used by skilled craftsman in constructing the Garden, this exhibition will take you on a trip down memory lane back to 1986.
Our long-time partner Nathalie Keiller will be the instructor.
Nathalie Keiller has completed training in and received certifications from Sivananda Vedanta, Ashtanga, Hatha, Anusara and Yin Yoga. She has spent the past 25 years developing these skills with passion. Sharing this holistic knowledge and helping her clients and students to achieve better health and improved quality of life is her everyday joy.Nathalie has been the head instructor for Yoga every Monday and every second Thursday for the Garden's Wellness at Home program for over a year.
What students need for the class:
- Yoga mat
- Blanket and/or cushion and/or bolster
- Participants are encouraged to bring a bottle of water with them from home.
- Please provide ticket confirmation email at the door;
- Although masks are not mandatory due to the outdoor nature of the Garden, we highly recommend wearing one. If necessary, we can provide one;
- Sanitising stations will be available throughout the Garden
We will respect the current advice on physical distancing between participants and participants and instructor