Carnaval del Sol
- July 8, 2017 - July 9, 2017
- Recurring daily
- Location: Concord Pacific Place
- 88 Pacific Boulevard
- Vancouver, BC V6Z 2R6
- Admission: Free Event
Saturday, July 8, 2017 10:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday, July 9, 2017 10:00am to 9:00pm
Concord Pacific Place, 88 Pacific Boulevard, Vancouver
Carnaval de Sol is the biggest Latin festival in the Pacific Northwest. It will be two free days of live music, art, dance, sport, culinary demonstrations and kids’ events in celebration of Latin American culture. For 2017, Carnaval del Sol will bring together more than 250 artists from different Latin American countries.
Throughout Latin America, the plaza is the central area in each town, drawing people together for everything including celebrations and cultural showcases. Carnaval del Sol re-creates the atmosphere of a vibrant city plaza in Latin America.
New this year at the free Carnaval del Sol weekend:
- An expanded 250 Latin and Latin-inspired musicians on the mainstage and sub-stage
- On a cooking stage, several times each day, two chefs will appear together for 40 minutes onstage, where one creates as the “teaches” the other and vice versa. At the end of Sunday, one event will showcase one Latin American chef, with a second chef from another part of the world, creating a fusion dish combining the two cultures.
- 25+ food vendors from different countries
- The Sports Plaza again features our soccer tournament with 12 teams representing different countries, and this year also features participatory sport including zumba and salsa instruction for the crowds
- Kids’ Plaza expands, with performances, painting and dancing classes, arts and crafts, storyteller, puppet show, kite-building, and enchanted fairies’ readings, along with yoga for moms with babies
For more information please visit carnavaldelsol.ca
88 Pacific Boulevard