“Disney Descendants 3 in Vancouver”
Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
1.ELIGIBILITY: The Tourism Vancouver “Disney Descendants 3 in Vancouver Sweepstakes” (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of forty-nine (49) United States (including the District of Columbia) (excluding Florida) and of Canada (excluding Quebec), who are, at the start of the Entry Period, at least 19 years of age or older for legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and 21 years of age or older for legal residents of the United States (excluding Florida). Employees of Tourism Vancouver or of other companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
2. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Tourism Vancouver (the Metro Vancouver Convention and Visitors Bureau), a British Columbia organization, with an address at Suite 210 - 200 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 3L6 (the "Sponsor"). Neither The Walt Disney Company nor any of its parent, subsidiary or affiliated entities or any of their shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents or assigns is responsible for any aspect of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes, selection of winners or prize fulfillment.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these rules and regulations (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 AM PT on July 22, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on August 5, 2019 (the "Entry Period"). Entries that are submitted before or after the Entry Period will be disqualified.
5. HOW TO ENTER:
- Submit the entry form on the website https://www.tourismvancouver.com
- FOR ALL ENTRIES: There is a limit of one (1) entry per person and e-mail address, regardless of method of entry or number of submissions made. Additional entries will be disqualified. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, or similar methods will be void.
6. RANDOM DRAWING: On or about August 7, 2019 the Sponsor will select one (1) grand prize winner and five (5) runner-up prize winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify a potential winner within fifteen (15) days of a drawing. Selected entrants will be contacted by email or telephone. The Sponsor is not responsible for any entrant's change of email or telephone number. In order to win, the selected entrants must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical aid and all selected entrants must be eligible according to the Official Rules. In the event a selected entrant does not respond to the Sponsor within fifteen (15) days of prize notification, or if any prize notification is returned as undeliverable or a selected entrant is not eligible in accordance with the Official Rules, another selected entrant will be chosen from the remaining entries. The winners and, if applicable, their travel companions, agree to release the Sponsor, The Walt Disney Company, each of their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities and the directors, officers, equity holders, employees, agents and assigns of each from and against any and all liability for any and all damages related to or resulting from the Sweepstakes or awarded prizes.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within fifteen (15) days of notification. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing from the remaining entries. Up to three (3) alternate entrants may be contacted. If at that point, no entrant has claimed the prize, the prize may not be awarded.
8. ENTRY GUIDELINES: Each entry must be written in English and comply with the following guidelines (the “Entry Guidelines”):
The entry must NOT, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor:
- Contain language that violates or infringes upon another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, trademark or copyright infringement);
- Contain language that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, profane, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, controversial or libelous;
- Contain language that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Contain language that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to applicable laws or regulations;
- Disparage any Released Party or its products or services, any Released Party’s competitors or their products or services, or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes;
- Contain company names, product names, brand names or trademarks other than those owned by a Released Party, which entrant has a limited license to use for this Sweepstakes solely to the extent expressly permitted hereunder, if at all;
- Contain the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any celebrities and/or other public or private figure, living or dead; and/or
- Contain language with which one or more Released Parties does not wish to associate itself, in its or their sole discretion.
9. Any entry that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates these Official Rules including but not limited to the Entry Guidelines will be disqualified and/or will not be eligible to win a prize.
10. PRIZES: One (1) grand prize winner will receive a trip for four (4) to Vancouver and Vancouver Island, British Columbia. The prize consists of: round-trip economy class flights for four (4) between the winner’s hometown and Vancouver, B.C.; three (3) nights’ accommodation at the DOUGLAS, An Autograph Collection Hotel in Vancouver; four (4) tickets to Fans of Vancouver’s Hollywood North Walking Tour; four (4) admissions to Britannia Mine Museum; one (1) macaron tasting flight at Ladurée; afternoon tea for four (4) at Neverland Tea Salon; round-trip seaplane flight for four (4) between Vancouver and Victoria with Harbour Air Seaplanes; two (2) nights’ accommodation at the Inn at Laurel Point in Victoria, including daily breakfast; four (4) tickets to Prince of Whales Whale Watching’s Whale and Marine Wildlife Adventure, and; four (4) tickets to IMAX Victoria, subject to the following:
- This prize must be redeemed before December 31, 2020;
- Travel cannot be booked between June 1, 2020 and September 15, 2020;
- The Prince of Whales Whale Watching’s Whale and Marine Wildlife Adventure is subject to availability; and
- IMAX Victoria is subject to availability and is not available during the following blackout dates: September 9-12, December 25 and January 1. IMAX experiences are based on seasonality, check the website before booking. IMAX tickets are valid for one 45-minute 2D film and a $1 per person surcharge applies to 3D films. Tickets must be exchanged at the IMAX Box Office for film admission.
Five (5) runner-up prize winners will receive a package of Disney Descendants swag determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.The approximate value of each runner-up prize is $758 CDN.
11. ALL EXPENSES, COSTS, AND TAXES NOT EXPRESSLY LISTED ABOVE ARE SOLELY THE WINNER'S RESPONSIBILITY. The approximate retail value of the grand prize is between $6,000 and $7,000 CDN. The actual value may vary based on currency exchange rates, dates of travel and originating location of travel. Any legal documentation required for travel, including, but not limited to, valid passports and/or visas, shall be the responsibility of the winner and his/her travel companions. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of cancellation. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets. The prize is not transferable. Winner must notify Sponsor of intended travel/prize redemption dates at least one (1) month in advance. No cash or other substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor who may substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner and travel companions must travel on the same itinerary and the travel companions may be required to sign a liability/publicity release prior to travel. If a travel companion is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must sign the release on his/her behalf. THE PRIZE MAY BE REPORTED AS INCOME TO A WINNER AND THE WINNER MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT AND REPORTING OF ALL APPLICABLE TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF A PRIZE. CONSULT WITH YOUR TAX ADVISOR FOR MORE INFORMATION.
13. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right to at any time modify the Official Rules or terminate the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
14. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes you agree not to make any claim against the Sponsor, the Sponsor’s members (including but not limited to member hotels and attractions), The Walt Disney Company, any entities participating in or providing prizes with respect to the Sweepstakes, the parent, subsidiary or affiliated entities of each and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") relating to your participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree to compensate any of the Released Parties if they incur or suffer any loss, damage, or other liability as a result of your negligence or breach of these Official Rules. And you agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
15. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Province of British Columbia, Canada. By so agreeing, you waive any right you may have to commence or participate in any class action against the Released Parties related to any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded and, where applicable, you hereby agree to opt out of any class proceedings against the Released Parties otherwise commenced. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of British Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of British Columbia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than British Columbia.
16. SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Disney Descendants 3 in Vancouver” Sweepstakes, Suite 210 - 200 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 3L6, Canada." Requests must be received within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.