Gayvan.com Travel Marketing
is an excellent online resource providing visitors with an insiders look at the gay-friendly side of Vancouver.
> Click here
to view the 12th Annual Gay Friendly Vancouver - In Town Guide
The Vancouver PRIDE Society
is the organizing body behind the annual Vancouver Pride Parade, Sunset Beach Festival and Market and approximately 20 events throughout the summer months. The organization was established on the international stage as a leader in organizing grassroots community events on a large scale.
The Travel Alternatives Group is an initiative of Community Marketing in San Francisco, approving hotels based on recognized Gay-Friendly standards and criteria. For more information, please visit www.communitymarketinginc.com
While you're visiting us in Vancouver, make sure you stop by Tourism Vancouver's newly-revamped Visitor Centre located in the heart of downtown. Our Experience Vancouver Specialists are eager to share their favourite things to see and do in the city and will offer customized itineraries based on what you want to get out of your time in destination.
Want to see some of the best live shows in Vancouver at half-price? For years, Tickets Tonight
has been offering some of the best deals on concerts, theatre, musicals and comedy in the city. Located inside the Tourism Vancouver Visitor Centre (Plaza Level, 200 Burrard St.), Tickets Tonight is the region’s only outlet for half-price, day-of ticket sales.
Get the local scoop! Inside Vancouver
is an award-winning, multi-author blog written by locals about Vancouver. Get an insider’s view of the city, discover what’s up-and-coming and learn about Vancouver's lesser-known happenings.
Vancouver’s LGBT community is welcoming and robust, offering resources for both Vancouverites and those visiting the city. Below are a just a handful of the organizations, groups and services dedicated to supporting the community.
- AIDS Vancouver – Offers access to quality healthcare for people affected by HIV/AIDS, along with support and education programs, and a food bank.
- A Loving Spoonful - A volunteer-driven, non-partisan Society that provides free, nutritious meals to people living with HIV/AIDS in Greater Vancouver.
- Daily Xtra – Canadian gay and lesbian news outlet with dedicated Vancouver coverage.
- HIM (Health Initiative for Men) – An agency dedicated to strengthening the health and well-being of gay men.
- Friends & Company - Vancouver’s leading network for LGBTQ-friendly business people, professionals, students, and allies.
- Our City of Colours – A group aiming to increase the visibility of, and address the issues facing lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people in a variety of linguistic and cultural communities.
- PFLAG Vancouver – The local chapter of Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays.
- QMUNITY – A queer resource centre offering access to social services and programs for queer individuals, their families and friends, including online resources.
- Rainbow Refugee - A Vancouver-based community group that supports and advocates for people seeking refugee protection because of persecution based on sexual orientation, gender identity, or HIV status.
- Sher Vancouver - A social, cultural, and support group for LGBTQ South Asians and their friends, families, and allies.
- Vancouver Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence - An order of 21st century queer nuns who welcome a broad spectrum of genders, sexual orientations and religious/spiritual traditions.