Personal Insurance
Individual travelers are advised to obtain their own personal health, luggage or other travel insurance as desired; however, regardless of financial status or health care coverage, British Columbia hospitals will not refuse treatment to those who require it.

All charter services operating in BC must carry the Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Card, Canada-Interprovincial. All BC-based receptive tour operators must be duly registered with the British Columbia Registry of Travel Companies.

Any visitor can purchase 'Visitor to Canada Insurance' after they arrive in BC. All United States motorists are advised to obtain a Canadian Non-Resident Interprovince Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Card. This card is available only in the United States through US insurance agents. All provinces in Canada require that visiting motorists produce evidence of financial responsibility should they be involved in an accident.

For more information or to obtain a copy of British Columbia's "rules of the road," please contact:

Suite 221 - 1055 West Georgia Street (inside the Royal Centre, adjacent the Hyatt Regency Hotel)
Vancouver BC V6E 3R5
8:30am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday

> Search for Tourism Vancouver members that offer insurance

Plan Your Trip


Download the Visit Vancouver ipad app

Sweepstakes Banner