As a cosmopolitan, coastal city, Vancouver's style ranges from haute couture to cozy flannels and fleece. Shopping in Vancouver offers this same diverse range with high fashion boutiques, designer label, accessory and jewelry stores, to extensive shop-til-you-drop malls offering something for everyone.
There are unique areas all around Vancouver for clothing, art, ceramics, furniture and much more waiting for you to discover. The following are just a few suggestions for areas in Vancouver to check out for great shopping!
- Chinatown - heritage area of Main and Keefer Streets - browse through fine embroidered linens, silk robes, exotic fresh produce, plus traditional Chinese tableware, herbs, remedies and green teas
- Downtown & Gastown - Burrard to Howe, West Hastings to Georgia - Downtown shopping includes exceptional malls like Pacific Centre, Sinclair Centre and Royal Centre, all offering high fashion, jewelry, shoes, accessories, chain stores and much more. Gastown is the perfect place for souvenirs, Native arts and unique clothing and shopping options.
- Granville Street - downtown core, across Burrard Bridge to Granville & 16th - Offers access to The Bay and Sears department stores, Pacific Centre shopping mall, Robson Street shops and restaurants, as well as unique clothing, shoe, book, accessories, music and home furnishing shops. Two large movie theatres, countless coffee shops and restaurants of all types and tastes also line this street.
- Granville Island Market - just across Burrard Bridge, or take Aquabus mini-ferry from downtown - A must see for visitors and shoppers! Public markets offer fresh produce, meats, fish, baked goods and much more - the perfect place for a meal or take-away. Spend a full day browsing through the diverse range of shops, stalls, galleries, and theatres available.
- Metropolis at Metrotown - 4800 Kingsway, Burnaby (604.438.4715) Approximately 20 minutes from downtown, this is BC's largest shopping and entertainment complex offering something for everyone!
- Robson Street - Vancouver's leading shopping and strolling thoroughfare - high fashion mixed with souvenir shops, music stores, beauty products, book stores and so much more.
- Yaletown - Pacific Street - This is the leading downtown spot for locating the latest fashions for clothing, shoes, accessories, and even homes - stores like the multi-floored Chintz & Company cater to those who want their apartments to look as cool as they do!