BC Lions vs. Montreal Alouettes | Photo: David Kirouac / Flickr
The 102nd Canadian Football League Grey Cup championship game will be played on November 30, 2014 at BC Place Stadium. The teams playing this final game of the 2014 season will be the winners of the league’s East and West Divisional playoffs. Events will be held around the city as part of Grey Cup Week including concerts, parties and fan festivals in the days leading up to the game. During the game, the half-time show often features performances by well-known Canadian musical acts.
As co-host city for the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup, Vancouver will host the final game and closing ceremony at BC Place Stadium. The 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup is a quadrennial international women's football world championship tournament. It will be held from June 6 to July 5, 2015 in six cities across Canada with 24 teams from six football confederations competing—up from the 16 teams that competed in 2011.
- Stanley Park Open Pro Am Tennis Tournament - 1931 to present: held in beautiful Stanley Park, this is one of the largest public tournaments in the world.
- BMO Vancouver Marathon - 1972 to present: held in May each year, it is the largest international marathon event in Canada and also includes a wheelchair division, half-marathon, an 8k run, and a kids’ 1k run, as well as a family-friendly street festival for runners and spectators.
- Harry Jerome International Track Classic - 1983 to present: part of the National Track League series, this track classic is Canada’s oldest and most prestigious track and field meet. Two hundred athletes from 12 nations competed in 2013.
- Vancouver Sun Run - 1985 to present: one of the largest 10 km runs in the world with over 50,000 participants, including a wheelchair division.
- Rio Tinto Alcan Dragon Boat Festival - 1986 to present: more than 180 teams from around the globe paddle the waters of downtown Vancouver’s False Creek for dragon boat racing of the highest calibre. The festival begins on Friday night with the colourful Eye Dotting Ceremony and continues throughout the weekend with cheering spectators, non-stop entertainment and fabulous food.
- Scotiabank Vancouver Half-Marathon & 5K – 1998 to present: over 7,000 runners take to the streets of Vancouver between UBC and downtown, with a 5K course offered around Stanley Park.
- Subaru Vancouver Triathlon - 2002 to present: takes place in the stunning setting of Spanish Banks beach with views of the downtown skyline and the striking North Shore mountains. Also featured is a two-day Sport & Lifestyle Expo with a festival-like atmosphere.
- Odlum Brown Vancouver Open Tennis Tournament - 2002 to present: held at the Hollyburn Country Club in West Vancouver, this professional tennis tournament is played on outdoor hard courts and in 2013, attracted over 140 international players from 40 countries.
- SeaWheeze lululemon Half Marathon - 2012 to present: runners from around North America converge on Vancouver to experience a full weekend of fun. Along with the half-marathon run through the city’s most picturesque parks and neighbourhoods, the event includes sunrise yoga class at Jack Poole Plaza and SeaWheeze Sunset Festival.
- Sea to Sky International Cheerleading Championship
- International Cycle Planning Conference Velo-city
- CONCACAF Women's Olympic Qualifying Touranment
- Canadian Women’s Open Golf Tournament
- GLISA North American "Outgames"
- CFL Grey Cup (also 1999 and 2005)
- RBC Canadian Open Golf Championship
- NHL Stanley Cup Final
- Soccer Exhibition Game: Vancouver vs. Manchester City
- 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games
- World Wheelchair Rugby Championships (also 2004 and 2008)
- World Police & Fire Games
- FIS Snowboard World Cup
- IBU Biathlon World Cup Final
- Short Track Speed Skating World Cup
- ISU World Speed Skating Championships
- ISU Four Continents Figure skating
- Sledge Hockey Four Nations Championships
- Hockey IIHF Four Nations Men’s Event
- Hockey IIHF Four Nations Women’s Event
- World Junior Curling Championships
- Canadian Interuniversity Sports Swimming Championships
- Skate Canada National Championships
- Skiing FIS Freestyle Grand Prix
- Triathlon ITU World Championships
- Ultimate World Ultimate & Guts
- Multi-Sport Canadian Ismaili Games
- Ukrainian World Golf Challenge
- Canadian National Snowboard Championships
- Canadian Interuniversity Sports Soccer Championships
- Ice Hockey Memorial Cup
- CP Sports Boccia World Cup (Cerebral Palsy International Sports)
- Triathlon ITU World Cup
- Triathlon Vancouver International Half-Iron man
- Soccer FIFA U-20 World Cup (Host City)
- Canadian National Karate Championships
- Soccer Exhibition Game: Vancouver vs. Los Angeles Galaxy
- Vancouver International Marathon
- IBF World Junior Badminton Championships
- Molson Indy Vancouver (annually from 1990 - 2004)
- World Weightlifting Championships
- Pan American Karate Federation Jr Championships
- Churchill Cup - International Rugby Competition
- Tissot ICU World Cup Mountain Biking (also 2001 and 2002)
- CHL All-Star Game
- FIFA U-19 Women's World Championship Co-Host
- Pacific Alliance International Gymnastics Competition
- Vancouver Open Air Canada PGA Championship
- World Figure Skating Championships
- Sumo Canada Basho
- NHL All-Star Game