Vancouver Canucks vs. Washington Capitals | Photo: Rishad Daroowala / Flickr
- Vancouver's success in hosting events such as the Canadian Football League’s (CFL) Grey Cup, the World Police & Fire Games, and the Soccer FIFA U-20 World Cup helped bring the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games to the city.
- Vancouver is home to Canada's largest multi-purpose sports venue (BC Place) and boasts a multitude of other venues that can accommodate nearly any type and size of sporting event including hockey, baseball, soccer and cycling.
- Vancouver's mild West Coast climate makes it ideal for outdoor adventures such as hiking, golfing, sailing, fishing, and mountain biking.
- Tourism Vancouver can help you with bid placement, site inspection and selection, facility and accommodation bookings, travel and excursion planning, as well as attendance-building and promotions. And through strategic partnerships, Tourism Vancouver offers helpful services such as a comprehensive online event-management tool.
- Locals are passionate about sports and enthusiastically support four professional sports teams: Vancouver Canucks NHL hockey, BC Lions CFL Football, Vancouver Canadians Single-A baseball, and Vancouver Whitecaps MLS soccer.