The convention industry in Vancouver is big business. From hotels, restaurants and attractions, to transportation companies,service providers and retail outlets, nearly all sectors of tourism and other businesses benefit when delegates visit our city for their corporate or association meetings.
The Numbers Tell the Story
- Convention delegates spend over $400 million annually in Vancouver
- The economic impact of meetings in Vancouver is estimated at $1.3 billion
- The meetings industry creates over 11,000 jobs on average in Greater Vancouver annually
- Meetings in Vancouver draw, on average, 10% more delegates than the same meeting held the year prior in another city
- Over the last three years, Vancouver has hosted an average of 21 city-wide conventions that draw more than 1,000 delegates each
- Conventions bound for Vancouver have already been booked through the year 2016
- The new expansion to the Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Centre virtually tripled the size of the existing space available
> If you're interested in becoming a local host or are already bringing a conference to Vancouver and are in need of our services, contact the Be a Host team.