Tourism Vancouver receives a significant volume of requests from travel writers seeking support for their visit to Vancouver. Due to limited resources, and to most effectively meet journalists' editorial and photographic needs, we ask cooperation in following these guidelines.
- Please allow at least four business weeks in advance of your visit for requests for assistance. If we receive a request on shorter notice, we assist travel writers by providing a contact list of the appropriate venues they wish to visit.
- Media looking for assistance must fully complete and submit a Media Information Form. This helps us learn more about your outlet, assignment and the ways in which we may be able to assist.
- Journalists should be prepared to submit a letter of assignment on the publication's letterhead from their editor indicating intent to publish their feature or article along with a recent copy of the publication they are writing for.
- Freelance writers need to provide two recently published travel related clips from an audited outlet, published within the last calendar year, for the request to be considered.
- While we welcome the opportunity to work with television and film productions, Tourism Vancouver can not arrange necessary work visas or filming permits. Permits must be obtained through the City of Vancouver
- You are required to notify Tourism Vancouver of any change in your plans immediately.
Assistance Tourism Vancouver May Provide
- Assignment: Vancouver media kit
- Attractions Pass to all major Vancouver attractions including the Vancouver Aquarium, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Grouse Mountain, Vancouver Art Gallery, Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden and many others.
- Background information, calendar of events and statistics
- Interview opportunities
- Standard itinerary suggestions
- Images of Vancouver
- Fact checking
- Contact information of public relations representatives for hotels and attractions
Travel and Transportation Support
- Tourism Vancouver does not cover airfare or rent cars or vans for travel writers and/or film crews.
- Tourism Vancouver does not pay for hotel accommodations.
- Tourism Vancouver will liaise with hotels to try to secure a media rate for visiting media. Offers of complimentary accommodations are at the discretion of our member hotels.
Touring and Entertainment
- Upon request, Tourism Vancouver will offer standard itinerary suggestions, or for journalists working in consultation with Tourism Vancouver, we will provide a customized itinerary where appropriate.
- Tourism Vancouver can provide standard self-guided walking itineraries upon request.
- We do not hire tour guides or escorts for the length of a journalist and/or film crew's visit.
- Tourism Vancouver will provide contact information of public relations representatives for attractions and entertainment venues where applicable.
> Download Media Information Form