210-200 Burrard Street
Vancouver, B.C., V6C 3L6
Manager, Travel & Trade Media Relations
Travel Media Relations Specialist, North America
Travel Media Relations Specialist, International and Trade
Vice President, Marketing Communications, Member Services & Sport
Other B.C. Tourism Associations
Tourism British Columbia
12th Floor, 510 Burrard Street
Vancouver, B.C., V6C 3A8
Manager, Travel Media Relations
4010 Whistler Way
Whistler, B.C., V0N 1B4
Senior Manager, Media Relations
4th Floor-31 Bastion Square
Victoria, B.C., V8W 1J1
Manager, Travel Media Relations (Overseas, Canada)
Manager, Travel Media Relations (US)
250-8260 Granville Ave
Richmond, B.C., V6Y 1P3
Director of Communications
Useful Web Resources
- Tourismvancouver.com: our site has lots of great story ideas and useful background information. Our full media kit is also available online.
- Allianceforarts.com: the Alliance for Arts and Culture provides a weekly events calendar and extensive pages of information on the arts in Vancouver.
- Ticketstonight.ca: a comprehensive source of event tickets, offering visitors access to performing arts, live theatre, sports, music and festivals.
- Vancouverhistory.ca: local historian Chuck Davis' web site is a dense resource of information on Vancouver's colourful history.
- Urbandiner.ca: a popular and up-to-the-minute source of information on trends and news in Vancouver's restaurant industry.
- Scoutmagazine.ca: a popular web magazine featuring Vancouver neighbourhoods, character profiles and restaurants.
- Vancouverisawesome.com: ocolourful web magazine focussing on the quirky side of life in the city.
- CKNW (www.cknw.com): broadcasts live on 980 AM in the Lower Mainland, 91.7 FM on Shaw Cable and live via their website. CKNW can also be heard via the Starchoice satellite network on channel 840.
- CKWX (www.news1130.com): Western Canada's largest radio newsroom, CKWX News 1130 delivers local, national and international news as it happens. Broadcasts on 1130 AM in the Lower Mainland and also streams live through its website.
- CBC Radio 690 AM (www.cbc.ca/bc): commercial-free, national public radio service, offering local news and interviews.
The city's four major TV news stations provide competitive newscasts at 8 a.m., noon, 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. BCTV News on Global has the highest viewing ratings, followed by BC-CTV. Channel M is a new multi-cultural news station:
- Vancouver Magazine (www.vancouvermagazine.com): popular city lifestyle magazine covering urban culture, dining, events and style.
- Arts and Cultural Guide to B.C. (www.art-bc.com): A free glossy guide to art events, galleries and people in the arts throughout the province.
- City Food (www.cityfood.com): free culinary newsmagazine covering Vancouver's dining scene.
- Eat Magazine (www.eatmagazine.ca): free magazine covering British Columbia's culinary scene.
- Where Vancouver (www.where.ca/Vancouver): handy visitor's guide to city neighbourhoods, restaurants, travel, attractions, lodging, dining and shopping. Free at hotels and motels across the Lower Mainland.
- Visitor's Choice (www.visitorschoice.ca): free publication covering Vancouver and the region for visitors.