Budget-minded travelers will find no shortage of cultural attractions, fun activities and sightseeing destinations in Vancouver. Just reference our guide for cheap things to do throughout Vancouver’s diverse neighbourhoods.
- Wander the colourful aisles of Chinatown’s traditional markets.
- Sip a piping hot cup of oolong tea in one of the many teashops.
- Eat traditional dim sum dishes, such as shu mai and har gau.
- Take a picture next to the famous steam-powered clock.
- Get a glimpse of aboriginal art at one of the many First Nations galleries.
- Enjoy a pint of locally brewed beer at a nearby public house.
- Taste locally made pastries, artisan breads, specialty cheeses and more at the Granville Island Public Market.
- Sample premium sake at the country’s first boutique sake winery.
- Throw back a pint of Alder Bay Honey Lager or Pelican Bay Brown Ale at Dockside Brewing Company.
- Watch the sunset at English Bay Beach.
- Explore Davie Village, where you’ll find Vancouver’s thriving GLBT community.
- Browse unique boutiques, pet shops and jewelry stores.
- Spread out a picnic blanket in the beautiful Quarry Gardens at Queen Elizabeth Park.
- Explore a tropical oasis inside the glass-domed Bloedel Floral Conservatory.
Robson Street/Robson Square
- Browse eclectic record stores, vintage clothing boutiques, used bookstores, skate shops and more.
- Eat a scoop of authentic Italian gelato.
- Attend a Saturday morning Farmers’ Market at Trout Lake.
- Join a game of volleyball on Kitsilano Beach.
- Relax at a sidewalk café with a specialty latte or cappuccino in hand.
- Take a dip in Kitsilano Pool, the city’s only heated saltwater pool.
- Fill up on Indian specialties at an inexpensive buffet.
- Shop for sparkly bangles and vibrantly coloured pashminas.
- Peek inside the Ross Street Sikh Temple, designed by renowned architect Arthur Erickson.
- Take home an exotic spice or new ingredient from an Indian grocery store.