Vancouver, BC (December 15, 2011): You've heard about Vancouver's world-renowned culinary reputation - now here's your chance to experience it. During the 2012 Dine Out Vancouver Festival (January 20 to February 5), book a foodie getaway and take advantage of great hotel rates, prix fixe menus at some 225 restaurants and a range of daily culinary events, tours and activities.
Forty participating hotels are offering discounted room rates with price points at $78, $108 and $138 (per room, per night), as well as special packages created exclusively for Dine Out. Hotel rates and packages are available for stays taking place January 20 through February 5 and can be booked now at tourismvancouver.com/dov.
Food-focused travellers will love visiting Vancouver during Dine Out, and with more than 70 events scheduled over the 17 days of the festival, visitors can plan an itinerary fit for a true gourmand. Spend the morning on a guided culinary tour sampling Chinatown's wares, swing by Street Food City for lunch and sample from Vancouver's famous street food carts, take a craft beer tour of Gastown and end the night enjoying a three-course, prix fixe dinner at one of Vancouver's top restaurants (price points are just $18, $28 and $38). Finally, head to your hotel and rest up for another day of culinary adventure.
"Now is a great time for out-of-town visitors to take advantage of Dine Out hotel deals and discover the reasons Vancouver has become a world-recognized culinary destination," said Candice Gibson, manager of Consumer Marketing for Tourism Vancouver. "The range of price points and package options were designed to give guests excellent value during their foodie trip to Vancouver."
"Whether guests want to stay a night, a weekend or longer, there's a Dine Out package to suit," added Lucas Pavan, festival coordinator. "We have events happening daily, so the real challenge for visitors will be deciding what they want to see - and eat - the most."
Among the array of package perks offered by hotels participating in Dine Out Vancouver 2012 are deluxe accommodations, Dine Out event tickets, complimentary valet parking and a chocoholic buffet.
About Dine Out Vancouver Festival:
Presented by Tourism Vancouver and premier sponsor American Express, Dine Out Vancouver Festival is a city-wide celebration of eating out, attracting tens of thousands of local and visiting foodies to Vancouver's exceptionally diverse collection of restaurants for 17 days. Celebrating its 10th year in 2012, Canada's largest restaurant festival allows diners to sample menus from hundreds of restaurants around the city, all for a prix fixe cost (price points are $18, $28 and $38 per person). Many menus feature suggested BC VQA wine or Kronenbourg 1664 beer pairings (available at an additional cost). Dine Out Vancouver also offers special hotel room rates and packages, plus a full menu of unique food-themed events and activities, including culinary tours, cooking lessons, dinner-theatre evenings and special dining experiences. Throughout the festival, diners can take part in the Best Bite Awards by voting for their favourite festival experiences and be automatically entered to win the Dine Out for a Year contest. Dine Out Vancouver 2012 runs from January 20 to February 5. Full festival information is available at www.tourismvancouver.com/dov.
- 30 -
High resolution Dine Out Vancouver logo, images and b-roll available.
Click here to see the Dine Out Vancouver 2012 Fact Sheet.
Manager, Travel & Trade Media Relations
Dine Out Vancouver 2012 Hotel Offers
*Available for stays taking place January 20 - February 5. Stays can be booked through www.tourismvancouver.com/dov
$78 per night (room only):
• Best Western Plus Downtown Vancouver
• The Burrard
• Comfort Inn Downtown
• Days Inn Vancouver Downtown
• Delta Burnaby Hotel and Conference Centre
• Empire Landmark Hotel
• Happy Day Inn
• North Vancouver Hotel
• Quality Hotel Downtown - "The Inn at False Creek"
• Ramada Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver
• Ramada Limited Downtown Vancouver
• Sandman Hotel Vancouver City Centre
$108 per night (room only):
• Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites
• Georgian Court Hotel
• Granville Island Hotel
• Hampton Inn and Suites by Hilton
• Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver
• The Listel Hotel
• Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier
• Rosellen Suites at Stanley Park
• Sandman Suites on Davie
• The Sutton Place Hotel
• Time Square Suites
• Vancouver Airport Marriott
• Westin Grand Vancouver
$138 per night (room only):
• Carmana Plaza
• Delta Vancouver Suites
• Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver
• St. Regis Hotel Vancouver
• Westin Bayshore Vancouver
*Includes one-night stay plus additions.
• Comfort Inn Downtown ($96): Three-course Dine Out dinner at Doolins, Legacy "Farm to Fork" packages (available Jan 25-26, Feb 1-2), or purchase event tickets separately for $60.
• Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites ($149): Three-course dinner at Brasserie Bistro, complimentary parking, Internet.
• Delta Vancouver Suites ($199): Signature Club Suite accommodation, Dine Out dinner at Spencer's Resto Lounge, deluxe continental breakfast, complimentary parking.
• Fairmont Waterfront ($239): Dinner at Herons West Coast Kitchen & Bar, valet parking.
• Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver ($330): Dinner at Yew, health club access.
• Hotel Le Soleil ($185): Three-course dinner at Copper Chimney Restaurant, complimentary parking.
• Hyatt Regency Vancouver ($199): Early check-in and late check-out, three-course meal at Mosaic Bar & Grille.
• The Listel Hotel ($229): Dine Out dinner at O'Douls with wine pairings.
• Pan Pacific Vancouver ($245): Three-course dinner at Café Pacifica, late check-out and complimentary parking.
• Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport ($134): Three-course dinner, complimentary parking.
• Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier ($169): Dinner at Lobby Restaurant.
• Shangri-La Hotel Vancouver ($329): Three-course Dine Out dinner at Market by Jean-Georges, breakfast for two, welcome amenity, valet parking.
• Sheraton Guildford Hotel ($159): Three-course dinner at Fresh, complimentary parking.
• The Sutton Place Hotel ($238): Two-course dinner, chocoholic buffet.
• Wedgewood Hotel & Spa ($236): Dine Out dinner at Bacchus, complimentary parking.